Technical Project Manager
BigCommerce’s mission is to help merchants sell more at every stage of growth, from small startups, to mid-market businesses to large enterprises. We focus on being the best ecommerce platform so our customers can focus on what matters most: growing their businesses.
We are equally passionate about growing our employee’s careers and providing them an incredible experience as we rapidly expand across the globe. We are proud to have been recognized numerous times for our product and workplace culture. We empower our people and customers to build, innovate and grow, so together we can redefine the ecommerce industry.
BigCommerce is the platform powering the next era of ecommerce for mid-market and enterprise brands across all online channels. With tens of thousands of merchants from retail to B2B, we’re the platform behind some of the world's best websites. Our products help merchants attract, convert, and retain more customers while lowering operating costs.
BigCommerce, is seeking a Technical Program Manager to support capacity planning and sprint management across BigCommerce’s Operations and Corporate Data Team. You will be working as part of a core team to transform BigCommerce’s Business Technology, ensure workstreams and projects are effectively scoped, staffed and organized. The ideal candidate has experience managing capacity for teams with a variety of skill sets, ensuring projects are completed on time and in scope, and stakeholder expectations are managed effectively. Reporting to the Manager, Data Program Management, you will be responsible for ensuring key projects and deliverables are properly resourced and roadmapped and provide regular updates on status throughout the life of the projects.
What You’ll Do
- Plan and manage activities of scope management, project, and resource planning, progress tracking, proactive risks and issues management, cross-functional stakeholder and leadership communication.
- Keep leadership and stakeholders updated on blockers and work to assist the team to remove impediments.
- Provide and coordinate cross-functional visibility into status, resourcing needs, dependencies, granular requirements, dates and escalations for projects/programs end-to-end.
- Identify critical paths for projects and consult with individual team managers on sprint planning deliverables, timelines, and capacity trade-offs.
- Manage intake process for discrete deliverables, ensuring requests are addressed within agreed upon SLAs.
- Demonstrate stellar stakeholder management and executive presentation skills.
- Create and enforce cross-functional accountability across all business and technical groups & levels.
- Lead and inspire your matrixed teams; influence everyone around you.
- Collaborate with colleagues within our PMO and across all other functions.
- Apply your hard-earned experience to creatively solve for positive shared outcomes.
- Engage and communicate with technical and non-technical counterparts.
- Gather use case requirements, acceptance criteria and structure for user acceptance.
Who You Are
- 5+ years of experience in SaaS technologies, as a technical project/program manager leading medium to large software development projects/programs.
- Familiarity with Salesforce, Snowflake, Tableau, etc. software is a plus
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Engineering or equivalent with a minimum of 5 years relevant work experience or equivalent combination of experience. Masters/MBA preferred.
- Previous experience working with Data Warehouse and Analytics teams is preferred.
- Project management, Agile development, process improvement/quality certifications are a plus (e.g. PMP, ScrumMaster, Lean or Six Sigma).
- Experience using Agile and Waterfall methodologies for managing projects and coaching teams.
- Proven in-depth knowledge of project/program management principles (e.g. PMBOK).
- Experience using a variety of tools like JIRA, Confluence, Smartsheets and G Suite.
- Self-driven with superior organizational skills, integrity and great follow-through on tasks. Does not get overwhelmed easily.
- Naturally curious, innovative and creative. Constantly providing ideas to optimize a process - a simplifier.
- Motivated and encouraging team member, who brings positivity to every project.
- Pragmatic problem solver who uses logic and critical thinking to address challenges.
- Entrepreneurial and driven to get things done in a fast-moving environment where things change quickly, priorities compete, and you may not always have all of the details upfront.
- Identify and develop process improvements following project management best practices
- Ability to balance priorities on simultaneous projects
- Proactive attitude, able to take initiative and collaborate with cross functional teams
This description is intended to serve as a summary of key duties and responsibilities and may not contain a comprehensive list of activities.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the interview process, to perform essential job functions and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you need an accommodation in order to interview at BigCommerce, please let us know during any of your interactions with our recruiting team.
Learn more about the BigCommerce team, culture and benefits at https://careers.bigcommerce.com.