Senior Data Solutions Developer
BigCommerce’s mission is to help merchants sell more at every stage of growth, from small startups, to mid-market businesses to large enterprises. We focus on being the best ecommerce platform so our customers can focus on what matters most: growing their businesses.
We are equally passionate about growing our employee’s careers and providing them an incredible experience as we rapidly expand across the globe. We are proud to have been recognized numerous times for our product and workplace culture. We empower our people and customers to build, innovate and grow, so together we can redefine the ecommerce industry.
Our dynamic Data Solutions team is seeking a Senior Data Solutions Developer who will help lead the evolution of our data-driven decision-making at scale across the company. This role will be responsible for building, maintaining, and supporting data warehousing solutions with an emphasis on creating automated and/or algorithmic approaches that reduce or replace manual effort. You will be instrumental in ensuring access to clean, consistent, and logical data to stakeholders in a wide variety of roles.
**To be considered an applicant you must reside in the United States**
What You’ll Do
- Build and maintain scalable scheduled jobs to extract, load, and transform data, in addition to troubleshooting and fixing problems with existing data warehouse ELT jobs.
- Collaborate closely with internal business stakeholders to gather requirements, coordinate deployments, and meet deadlines
- Develop an understanding of business systems and processes in one or more areas of the business such as Sales, Marketing, Customer Success, and finance.
- Build and maintain Entity Relationship Diagrams (ERD)
- Transform raw data into highly structured and consistent data sets used by analyst’s tools to power business insights
- Develop scalable, efficient, and automated processes and data pipelines, in addition to diagnosing and debugging problems with existing structures
- Make recommendations to improve technical systems and infrastructure
Who You Are
- 3-5 years experience in data warehousing, data modeling, and/or analytics preferred
- Advanced SQL skills in both DML and DDL are required
- Experience with database platforms like Snowflake, Redshift, BigQuery or similar
- Experience developing and maintaining ETL\ELT processes and common data transformation techniques (e.g. normalization and denormalization, string parsing, primary key generation)
- Experience with Airflow is a plus
- Familiarity with dimensional data modeling techniques (snowflake and star schemas, fact tables, slowly changing dimensions, periodic snapshot tables, surrogate keys, etc.)
- Exposure to Amazon Web Services or Linux command
- Possess at least a Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field (economics, statistics, business, computer science) or equivalent experience, advanced degree a plus
- You are motivated by adding business value and driving revenue for the company
- Quantitative mindset and passion for data
- You are a curious problem solver with a growth mindset
- You enjoy interacting and collaborating with technical developers and analysts as well as non-technical business staff throughout the organization
- Able to deal with ambiguity and problem-solve independently
- Self-starter: able to succeed and have an impact with minimal direction
- Ambitious, self-motivated, and goal-oriented
- Excellent time management skills
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the interview process, to perform essential job functions and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you need an accommodation in order to interview at BigCommerce, please let us know during any of your interactions with our recruiting team.
Learn more about the BigCommerce team, culture and benefits at https://careers.bigcommerce.com.