Senior Technical Project Manager - Remote, Poland
BigCommerce’s mission is to help merchants sell more at every stage of growth, from small startups, to mid-market businesses to large enterprises. We focus on being the best ecommerce platform so our customers can focus on what matters most: growing their businesses.
We are equally passionate about growing our employee’s careers and providing them an incredible experience as we rapidly expand across the globe. We are proud to have been recognized numerous times for our product and workplace culture. We empower our people and customers to build, innovate and grow, so together we can redefine the ecommerce industry.
Senior Technical Project Manager
Do you enjoy the challenge of working in a fast-paced space like e-commerce? Are you equally passionate about driving forward amazing software projects and fostering healthy, high-performing teams? If so, BigCommerce has an exciting full-time opportunity for you!
What you’ll be doing
- Partner closely with a core team of leaders from Engineering, Product Management, Design, and Marketing, to steer the projects to completion.
- Drive multiple simultaneous projects from start to finish and deliver amazing product features to our merchants.
- Manage daily activities of your teams, including scope management, project, and resource planning, progress tracking, proactive risks and issues management, cross-functional/stakeholder and leadership communication.
- Coach the teams in Agile delivery and perform Scrum Master duties as needed, including facilitating sprint planning, standups, sprint reviews, retrospectives, and release planning.
- Manage dependencies between various teams to ensure smooth releases of numerous complex moving parts.
- Generate reports and provide cross-functional visibility into status, resourcing needs, dependencies, granular requirements, dates, and escalations for projects.
- Create and enforce cross-functional accountability across all business and technical groups & levels using soft and hard levers.
- Help foster team safety and develop healthy, high-performing teams.
- Lead and inspire your teams; influence everyone around you.
- Contribute to our company culture and collective intelligence.
What skills you’ll bring
- 5+ years experience in web technologies, a technical project manager leading medium to large software development projects.
- Project management, Agile development, and process improvement/quality certifications are a plus (e.g., PMP, ScrumMaster, Lean, or Six Sigma).
- Must demonstrate direct experience using Agile methodologies for managing projects and coaching teams.
- You have experience using various tools like JIRA, Confluence, Smartsheets, and Google Apps.
- Superior communication skills in both verbal and written formats. Able to communicate effectively at all levels.
- You have superior organizational skills, integrity, and great follow-through on tasks. You don't get overwhelmed easily.
- You bring creative problem-solving skills and can think outside the box. You use logic and imagination to make sense of a situation and come up with an intelligent solution.
What sets you apart?
- You’re a people person. You care deeply about your team and the people around you. You're charismatic and can talk to anyone; you're flexible, fearless, and excited to help build something awesome.
- Motivated. You understand the impact of a highly-satisfied, excited crew; you are slightly obsessive about grinding away at issues.
- Scrappiness. You have an innate, scrappy, and entrepreneurial drive to get things done in a fast-moving environment where things can (and do!) change quickly, priorities compete, and you may not always have all of the details upfront. Nothing gets by you.
- Pragmatic. You understand the awesomeness and downfalls of Agile, waterfall, and other philosophies & methodologies - and know what to apply for each situation.
- Positive. You know that great things happen when like-minded, talented colleagues put their minds to achieving ambitious goals. You bring that positive attitude to everything you do.
- You’re a utility player, willing to help out wherever needed.
What we offer
- The opportunity to build on your existing experience and grow to lead larger projects/programs at a global scale.
- A people-first culture that all employees take to heart in an inclusive and safe environment.
- A flexible working environment in many aspects of your employment.
- A competitive salary and set of benefits.
If you think this role might be for you, please APPLY NOW. We’re looking forward to discussing this further.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the interview process, to perform essential job functions and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you need an accommodation in order to interview at BigCommerce, please let us know during any of your interactions with our recruiting team.
Learn more about the BigCommerce team, culture and benefits at https://careers.bigcommerce.com.