Manager, Technical Support
BigCommerce’s mission is to help merchants sell more at every stage of growth, from small startups, to mid-market businesses to large enterprises. We focus on being the best ecommerce platform so our customers can focus on what matters most: growing their businesses.
We are equally passionate about growing our employee’s careers and providing them an incredible experience as we rapidly expand across the globe. We are proud to have been recognized numerous times for our product and workplace culture. We empower our people and customers to build, innovate and grow, so together we can redefine the ecommerce industry.
BigCommerce is disrupting the ecommerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast- growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores to support every stage of their growth.
BigCommerce, named a 2023 "Best Place to Work", is seeking a Team Manager, Technical Support for our 24x7 Customer Success Services Team. As the Team Manager, Technical Support you will be responsible for managing a team of dedicated Customer Success Services support staff in a culture where exceptional service to our customers is the paramount focus.
What you’ll do:
- Manage the day-to-day operations of a technical support team with an emphasis on client satisfaction, first contact resolution, and retention
- Assist with the management of day-to-day operations of the Customer Success Services department
- Foster an environment of team-driven success through individual contribution and accountability
- Provide mentoring and coaching to each individual on the team, including Technical Leads, via regularly scheduled one-on-one meetings, call monitoring, ticketing and phone system statistics to enable employee and team
- Advocate on behalf of our merchants to ensure their wants and needs for our products and services are continuously communicated
Who you are:
- Experience leading technical support / Customer Service teams in a 24x7 environment
- Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) from a four-year college or university preferred
- Thorough understanding of and belief in the intrinsic value of providing exceptional customer service and the impact that has on conversion, retention, and driving ARPU, CSAT and NPS scores
- Proficiency with contact center technologies (I3, Five9, ACD, Salesforce, Confluence, JIRA, Workforce management tools); experience using these tools to manage phone, ticket, and chat queues, and develop operational reports and analysis
- Superior knowledge of the BigCommerce platform and ecosystem, and an ability to personally handle escalated client calls, complex tickets, and/or chats when situations dictate that you get involved in resolving issues
- Exceptional written and verbal communication; strong collaboration, negotiation, and ability to drive consensus with key business partners
- Ability to motivate and manage the performance of team and individuals; strong behavioral coaching style with emphasis on time management, personal accountability, and objective-based career growth
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the interview process, to perform essential job functions and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you need an accommodation in order to interview at BigCommerce, please let us know during any of your interactions with our recruiting team.
Learn more about the BigCommerce team, culture and benefits at https://careers.bigcommerce.com.