Solutions Product Manager
Canada · United States · United States · United Kingdom · Canada
Posted on Friday, December 8, 2023
SOLUTIONS PRODUCT MANAGER
Blaize is a leading provider of a proprietary purpose-built, full-stack hardware architecture and low-code/no-code software platform that enables edge AI processing solutions at the network’s edge for computing in multiple large and rapidly-growing markets — automotive, mobility, retail, security, industrial automation, medical devices, and many others. Blaize’s novel solution solves the technical problem that edge AI processing requires across those verticals — very low latency and high thermal and power efficiency — which previously relied on retrofitting sub-optimized AI solutions designed more for data centers and the cloud. Blaize has previously raised over $180M from strategic investors such as DENSO, Daimler, Magna, and Samsung, and financial investors such as Franklin Templeton, Temasek, GGV, and others. With headquarters in El Dorado Hills (CA), Blaize has teams in San Jose (CA) and subsidiaries in Hyderabad (India) and Leeds and Kings Langley (UK), with 200+ employees worldwide. www.blaize.com. Follow Blaize on Twitter (@blaizeinc) and LinkedIn (Blaize).
Are you passionate about innovation? Do you want to shape the future of Artificial Intelligence and Computer Vision at the Edge? We are looking for an experienced Product Manager to join our team and help shape our solutions and own the associated product planning process.
You will bring your skills in considering customer problems, market trends, ecosystem needs, value-propositions, and deployment challenges, to collaboratively craft the features and roadmap for our solution offering (hardware plus software). You will work closely with other business groups (Sales, Business Development) and Engineering teams (Core Tech, SDK, Platforms) to chart our future product development. As a member of the Product Management team you must be a solutions and software specialist, able to develop PRDs for turnkey solutions targeting the computer vision space.
- Develop product requirement documents (PRDs) based on customers’ needs, market trends, and business strategy. Champion the proposal and gain consensus of the company’s leadership council.
- Establish and manage the PRD data collection and refinement process.
- Analyze and recommend market segments and application areas that provide opportunities for Blaize to obtain revenue.
- Conduct primary research for product-market fit analysis.
- Develop tailored solutions proposal for use in discussions with customers.
- Initiate, execute and facilitate solutions feedback and input discussions with customers, advisors, peers, academics, and other sources.
- Refine inputs into an actionable PRD that integrates into and informs our overall product roadmap.
- Monitor product development progress to ensure that any late-arriving market intelligence is properly incorporated into in-flight product developments whenever possible.
- Contribute to and utilize our competitive landscape briefing document that captures all of the intelligence and inputs we can discern from customers, primary & bespoke research, and feedback from the market.
- Assess competition moves and prepare analysis documents to educate company management. Further, analyze market moves by other vendors to identify opportunities to enhance Blaize products.
- Contribute to product planning council meetings (formal quarterly, informal monthly).
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- 6+ years of relevant experience in the electronics industry in product management roles or solutions engineering.
- BS in EE, CS, Math, or Physics or equivalent work experience.
- Experience and ability to engage in product feature specification planning for turnkey solutions that include hardware, software and professional services.
- Even balance of technical and business acumen – equally adept at discussing business goals with customer’s marketing teams and technical requirements with customer’s engineering teams.
- Comfortable working in a dynamic start-up company environment.
- Extraordinary interpersonal skills along with excellent oral, written, and presentation skills.
- Ability to work independently and as a part of a team, and the proven ability to pick up new technologies.
- Experience in AI, Machine Learning, Deep Learning, Smart Vision, Robotics, or related domains is a plus.
- $155,000 - $205,000 (depending on experience and location)
Blaize is an equal opportunity employer. We pride ourselves on having a diverse workforce and we do not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or related condition, or any other basis protected by law. We respect the gender, gender identity, and gender expression of our applicants and employees, and we honor requests for preferred pronouns. It is our policy to comply with all applicable national, state, and local laws pertaining to nondiscrimination and equal opportunity.