Accounting & Finance, Sales & Business Development
Remote · United States
Posted on Thursday, March 30, 2023
We started Bloom Institute of Technology because we believe that the “traditional” model of higher education is broken. Every year, people as young as 17 years old take on tens of thousands of dollars in student debt and pray that the education they’re investing in will land them on a job on the other side.
Unfortunately, traditional colleges and universities have no incentive to ensure their graduates get hired – they get paid regardless.
At BloomTech, we believe there is a better way to approach education.
Instead of asking our students to bet on us, we bet on them first. This paradigm-shifting model allows us to align the incentives of the school with the incentives of our students – and we all win when our graduates succeed.
We’re in this together.
If that sounds exciting to you, let’s talk. Our success depends on building teams who can challenge each other's assumptions with fresh perspectives. To that end, we don’t just accept differences – we celebrate them. BloomTech welcomes a diverse pool of applicants, including those from historically marginalized groups and non-traditional backgrounds who can appreciate the diverse student communities that we serve and are looking to grow into. This includes women, people with disabilities, people of color, formerly incarcerated people, individuals who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and/or gender nonconforming, first and second generation immigrants, veterans, and people from different socioeconomic backgrounds.
One of Bloomtech’s values is Organize Chaos, and the finance function is at the heart of that. We work in a fast paced environment and need someone who is flexible while also maintaining order. The objective of the finance function at Bloomtech is to serve the organization and our students. As our Accounting Manager you’ll be on the team that makes sure all the trains run on time. You’ll work with and report to the Director of Finance.
While we're looking for someone who can roll up their sleeves and do some day-to-day accounting "dirty work", we'd love to find someone we can trust to fully own the books. We'll give you as much responsibility as you can take on.
What You'll Do:
- Own G/L processes, including transaction matching, journal entries, and reconciliations
- Own Accounts Payable process, including invoice entry and payment scheduling
- Financial statement flux analysis - budget versus actual and month over month
- Document and monitor internal processes and controls
- Manage employee expenses and assist with payroll
- Assist with ad hoc reports and data requests as needed
- Assist with improving financial procedures
What You'll Have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or similar
- Minimum 5+ years of accounting or full-cycle bookkeeping experience
- Hands-on experience with accounting and payroll software
- Thorough knowledge of GAAP
- Excellent Excel skills, including Vlookups and pivot tables
- Self-starting with the ability to effectively work autonomously with little oversight
- Have experience with Quickbooks Online, Bill.com, and Divvy
- Have experience in all areas of accounting operations
- Have multi-state payroll experience
- Have prior remote work experience
BloomTech is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, familial status, domestic violence victim status, veteran or military status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
BloomTech is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application procedures. Please let us know if you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability.
See more open positions at BloomTech
Something looks off?