Web Development Instructor
Software Engineering, IT
Remote · United States
Posted on Wednesday, February 7, 2024
As a Web Development Instructor, you’ll be responsible for delivering the curriculum to students, tracking student progress, and preparing students for the job market.
This is a fast-paced learning environment, and we need empathetic teachers who understand this and work with our students striving to change their career paths with BloomTech.
You will report directly to our Instructional Delivery Manager to build your schedule, coordinate with other instructors, and support our students.
The position is a part-time, hourly role at $30/hour.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Teach live classes via Zoom. Desired teaching availability at 2 pm PST and/or 3 pm PST M-F. More teaching opportunities are available within our flexible learning program (Monday - Sunday, 8 am PST - 8 pm PST)
- Empathically teach complex concepts with simplicity and ease by using real-life examples, practice exercises, analogies, and storytelling
- Demonstrate high empathy and ability to encourage learners who are struggling as well as provide additional challenges to the learners who are excelling
- Deliver lesson plans based on our curriculum and assessments
- Provide feedback where necessary on curriculum for our design team to improve
- Report on student progress and success throughout the course
- Collaborate with other Instructors, Learner Assistants, and Instructional Delivery team as needed
- Accountable for course completion rates
Education, Skills and Experience
- Minimum 3+ years of experience in the industry with a degree, 5+ years without a degree.
- All degrees and/or diplomas will need to be verified per state regulations
- 2+ years experience in teaching/training is strongly preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; comfortable and compelling in public speaking situations
- Ability to work with a diverse group of individuals
- Self-starting with the ability to effectively work autonomously with little oversightIntelligent, dedicated, and flexible with a willingness to experiment with an ever-changing learning environment
BloomTech is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, familial status, domestic violence victim status, veteran or military status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
BloomTech is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application procedures. Please let us know if you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability.