Bethlehem, PA, USA
Posted on Saturday, February 10, 2024
At Bowery, we’re making wildly delicious food more accessible to everyone. Driven by our proprietary end-to-end technology, our farms are transforming the entire fresh food supply chain to be simpler, safer, and vastly more sustainable.
We have 5 farms in operation (including state-of-the-art R&D and innovation farms) and we’re just getting started. We’re backed by tech and agriculture industry leaders with $647M in equity and debt capital, and our products are sold in over 1,400 locations.
Working at Bowery is more than just a job. It’s a chance to make a global impact with first-of-its-kind technology and ridiculously good food. We’re always looking for passionate minds to grow (and eat) with us! Ready to make a real difference? Join us. We’d love to have you here.
P.s. Check out The Roots: Bowery Farming's People Podcast for all things Bowery culture, teams, leadership, and karaoke (yes, karaoke)
About The Role:
We are seeking a Machine Operator who will be responsible for an operational line and all the associated equipment on that line. They will be responsible for the line's performance and maintaining the uptime of the equipment associated with it. The Operator will be the first point of contact for anything needed to maintain production.
What You'll Do:
- Perform pre-op checklists and set up of machine before shift start, so equipment is ready to run
- Help maintain equipment, report all machinery breakdowns or problems, and resolve basic mechanical issues
- Visually inspect and verify all components of the Autofill/ AQC have been properly assembled and are ready to run
- Able to troubleshoot manufacturing issues to maintain quality standards
- Documenting downtime events and the reasons in our tracking software
- Monitor and perform changeovers on the line in a timely manner, including material preparation for the changeover
- Observe machine operation to detect product defects or machine malfunction; assist maintenance personnel in diagnosing the issue
- Fix basic mechanical issues
Who You Are:
- Have an in-depth knowledge of how to use an HMI (Human Machine Interface) to troubleshoot and understand problems upstream and downstream of the process
- Possess basic mechanical aptitude and understanding of how to use basic hand tools
- Ability to work full-time (average 40 hours per week) on a rotating shift schedule
- Ability to work in a cold climate-controlled environment which is around 35℉
- Able to work up to 4 days weekly for 12-hour shifts (breaks and lunch included)
- Ability to commit to a consistent set of scheduled days, including holidays on your scheduled days
- Ability to always practice safe work habits in a food-safe environment
- Self-starter who gets involved quickly and takes on complex tasks with enthusiasm
- Maintain high productivity by operating with a sense of urgency, efficiency, and effectiveness over an extended period.
- Ability to implement changes
- Ability to lift 40 pounds
- Must be at least 18 years old
Benefits As Good As Our Greens:
- Starting hourly rate is $19.25/hour + annual increases
- Free benefits from Day 1 for employees (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- Heavily subsidized benefits for your family from Day 1
- 16 weeks of fully paid parental leave for all new parents (full-time employees)
- Competitive vacation and sick time off
- 401K & company stock
- Company paid Life Insurance, Short and Long Term Disability
- Free Mental Health Resources and Wellness Benefits, including Spring Health (personalized quality therapy and psychiatry for mental health needs), Headspace (unlimited access to guided meditation sessions, and Carrot (family forming support)
- Uniforms and PPE provided by Bowery
- Free leafy greens & more…
Our commitment to eliminating bias and ensuring pay equity goes beyond pay transparency. Click here (https://bit.ly/3CUwuUY) to learn more about how compensation works at Bowery, how we came up with the salary on this job posting, and what we’re doing to ensure your compensation is internally and externally equitable.
The salary for this role will be $19.25/hour. If this role is of interest to you, we encourage you to apply no matter what so we can see your profile and background. You can trust us to make a leveling assessment based on your unique skills and experience and communicate that with you.
Bowery is an equal-opportunity employer - a place that celebrates unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures that will enrich the workplace. We are attempting to redefine what a sustainable agricultural supply chain can look like. We cannot achieve this mission without a team that reflects the diversity of people who want fresh, locally-grown food in regard to race, ethnicity, gender, sexuality, age, national origin, religion, family status, disability, military status, and experience. We strongly encourage people from marginalized communities to apply to join our team.