Education Go-To-Market Lead
Remote · Washington, DC, USA
Posted on Friday, May 26, 2023
Our Mission and Opportunity
Early education is one of the greatest determinants of childhood outcomes, is a must for working families, and has a lasting social and economic impact. Brightwheel’s vision is to enable high quality early education for every child — by giving teachers meaningfully more time with students each day, engaging parents in the development of their kids, and supporting the small businesses that make up the backbone of the $175 billion early education market. Brightwheel is the most loved technology brand in early education globally, trusted by thousands of educators and millions of families.
We are a fully remote team with employees across every time zone in the US. Our team is passionate, talented, and customer-focused. Our exceptional investor group includes Addition, Bessemer Venture Partners, Chan Zuckerberg Initiative, GGV Capital, Lowercase Capital, Emerson Collective, and Mark Cuban.
We believe that everyone—from our employees to the students, teachers, and administrators we serve— should be given the opportunity to learn and thrive, whatever their background may be. We celebrate diversity in all forms because it allows our team and the communities we serve to reach their full potential and do their best work.
Who You Are
Brightwheel is seeking a Go-To-Market Leader to own end-to-end projects specific to brightwheel’s Education business. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience in growth strategy, marketing, project management, and cross-functional stakeholder management.
Central to our mission, we are seeking team members who are aligned with and embody our leadership principles. We value individuals who are sharp, scrappy, and able to find insights and move to quick action with a high degree of quality.
What You'll Do
- Initiate, scope, and lead cross-functional projects related to customer adoption and retention, focusing on the adoption of our Education & Curriculum products
- Lead Education GTM team (~3 direct reports), directing strategy for sales & sales enablement, marketing, events, and customer success in collaboration with central teams to execute the strategic direction
- Partner with Finance and the President of Education to develop goals, and then identify resourcing needs and systems improvements required to accomplish our ambitious growth plans
- Own and manage end-to-end projects and results impacting the customer journey, collaborating closely with senior leadership across Sales, Marketing, Customer Success, Product, and Operations
- Develop appropriate metrics to run the business and keep the leadership team apprised of performance - then implement, measure, and evaluate the ongoing impact of new customer projects and initiatives to improve performance where necessary to meet goals
- Facilitate decision-making and execution by leading key stakeholders and contributors and surfacing required information to make critical decisions
- Act as a critical stakeholder balancing both short-term and long-term business objectives, with a keen eye for the customer experience
Qualifications, Skills & Abilities:
- 6+ years of experience in consulting and marketing roles, ideally in consumer/physical goods
- Proven track record of building and managing complex programs with measurable results and high impact
- Functional expertise in sales strategy and marketing campaigns
- Process + Results Driven: A track record of consistently delivering excellent results in a fast-paced environment. Proficient in analytics, critical thinking, and reasoned judgment
- Combination of high-level thinking with the ability to get hands dirty to build from scratch
- Resourceful and scrappy problem solver - a keen ability to find and filter necessary information and solve problems
- An ability to lead and influence across peers and drive cross-functional efforts with passion, empathy, integrity, and transparency
- Patience, drive, and appetite for startup benefits and challenges
- A customer-first mentality
Brightwheel is committed to internal pay equity and offers a competitive compensation package, including base salary, equity, and benefits. Our benefits package includes premium medical, dental, and vision benefits, generous paid parental leave, a flexible paid time off policy, a monthly wellness and productivity stipend, and a Learning & Development stipend.
For cash compensation, brightwheel sets standard ranges for all roles based on function, level, and geographic location, benchmarked against similar-stage growth companies.
In alignment with Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the annual cash compensation for this role in Colorado is targeted at $99,000-$156,000. In alignment with the New York State Senate Bill S9427A and California State Senate Bill No. 1162, the annual cash compensation for this role in California and New York City is targeted at $117,000-$173,000. In alignment with Washington’s Equal Pay and Opportunities Act, the annual cash compensation for this role in Washington is targeted at $99,000-$173,000.
Multiple factors, including geographic location, candidate experience, and expertise, determine final offer amounts. If you are applying from a different location and have questions about the compensation band for your region, please ask your recruiter.
Brightwheel is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment and is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
See more open positions at brightwheel
Something looks off?