Customer Engagement Specialist
Customer Service, Sales & Business Development
Posted on Saturday, September 2, 2023
Our Mission and Opportunity
Early education is one of the greatest determinants of childhood outcomes, is a must for working families, and has a lasting social and economic impact. Brightwheel’s vision is to enable high quality early education for every child — by giving teachers meaningfully more time with students each day, engaging parents in the development of their kids, and supporting the small businesses that make up the backbone of the $175 billion early education market. Brightwheel is the most loved technology brand in early education globally, trusted by thousands of educators and millions of families.
We are a fully remote team with employees across every time zone in the US. Our team is passionate, talented, and customer-focused. Our exceptional investor group includes Addition, Bessemer Venture Partners, Chan Zuckerberg Initiative, GGV Capital, Lowercase Capital, Emerson Collective, and Mark Cuban.
We believe that everyone—from our employees to the students, teachers, and administrators we serve— should be given the opportunity to learn and thrive, whatever their background may be. We celebrate diversity in all forms because it allows our team and the communities we serve to reach their full potential and do their best work.
Who you are
We are looking for someone passionate about helping our customers succeed. You are a people person and a customer person. You are excited to spend all day on zooms and phone calls with our customers. You can’t wait to be assigned the portfolio of customers you will be responsible for and are eager to discover what makes them tick and to help them adopt new features, solve problems, and get the most out of brightwheel. You are curious, a problem-solver, and a go-getter. You are comfortable owning incredibly ambitious customer adoption and retention goals. You are passionate about improving the world through education and technology. And you are excited about working at a startup on a rapidly growing team where our goals, roles, and incredible opportunities evolve every day.
What You'll Do
- Ensure that all customers continue to get exceptional value from brightwheel and stay customers for a long time
- Own adoption and renewal goals for a portfolio of high-value customers
- Call, Zoom, email, and text our current customers to assess their engagement level with brightwheel, identify problems, drive resolutions, and identify product features that the customer would get value from
- Act as the “voice of the customer,” providing input to Product and Engineering teams as well as to upstream customer teams
- Partner with teams across brightwheel, including Sales, Marketing, and Customer Success
Qualifications, Skills, & Abilities
- Experience in sales or account management is helpful but not required
- Proven track record of hitting/exceeding challenging goals. This could be in school, sports, or professionally
- Comfort with a high volume/velocity sales approach (e.g., 30+ calls/day)
- Exceptional skills in identifying customer challenges/solutions and overcoming objections through tenacity, patience, and endless empathy for our customers
- Excellent communication, organizational, time-management, and prioritization skills
- High level of comfort with ambiguity - this is one of our newest teams, and the role and goals will change over time
- Preferred: Salesforce, basic Excel/Sheets, startup environment, early education
Brightwheel is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment and is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.