Posted on Tuesday, November 21, 2023
Our Mission and Opportunity
Early education is one of the greatest determinants of childhood outcomes, is a must for working families, and has a lasting social and economic impact. Brightwheel’s vision is to enable high quality early education for every child — by giving teachers meaningfully more time with students each day, engaging parents in the development of their kids, and supporting the small businesses that make up the backbone of the $175 billion early education market. Brightwheel is the most loved technology brand in early education globally, trusted by thousands of educators and millions of families.
We are a fully remote team with employees across every time zone in the US. Our team is passionate, talented, and customer-focused. Our exceptional investor group includes Addition, Bessemer Venture Partners, Chan Zuckerberg Initiative, GGV Capital, Lowercase Capital, Emerson Collective, and Mark Cuban.
We believe that everyone—from our employees to the students, teachers, and administrators we serve— should be given the opportunity to learn and thrive, whatever their background may be. We celebrate diversity in all forms because it allows our team and the communities we serve to reach their full potential and do their best work.
About The Role
Brightwheel is seeking a seasoned executive to lead our Education business. Brightwheel acquired Experience Early Learning in 2023 and was the first in the industry to launch a hybrid online/offline curriculum that provides teachers with all the materials they need to run their classroom. The role will oversee all aspects of this business: planning, operations, supply chain, fulfillment, etc. The focus will be driving and scaling the existing core business while also launching new business lines. The ideal candidate is adept at scaled leadership of people & teams in complex and fast-paced environments. And this leader needs to be excited about the mission & opportunity- Brightwheel Education will revolutionize teaching, learning, and child development across the globe with a deep impact on schools, teachers, parents, and kids.
What You'll Do
As the General Manager for the Educational Curriculum Business at Brightwheel, your responsibilities will include:
P&L Ownership and Impact:
- Take ownership of the P&L for the curriculum business, driving financial growth and profitability.
- Rally cross-functional partners in centralized finance, operations and product functions in support of your business objectives
- Lead and inspire a multi-functional team, fostering a culture of high performance in alignment with brightwheel’s leadership principles
- Recruit, train, develop, and motivate new team members to fill gaps on the current team.
- Drive exceptional performance and mentor team members to reach their full potential.
Strategy Development and Execution:
- Articulate a clear and compelling strategy for the educational curriculum business and execute on the strategy to achieve desired outcomes
- Accelerate the go-to-market strategy for the core curriculum product, ensuring rapid market adoption and growth.
- Enhance existing product lines and incubate, launch, and expand a range of adjacent product lines to diversify and expand the curriculum business.
- Identify and execute cross-selling and cross-marketing opportunities in partnership with Brightwheel SaaS leadership.
Inventory Management & Vendor Relations:
- Oversee strong inventory management to optimize turnover, minimize overstock, and ensure product availability, including demand forecasting and supply chain coordination.
- Ensure strong relationships with suppliers and negotiation of favorable terms, including pricing, quality, and timely deliveries.
- Hold your team to a high bar of customer experience through exceptional service, product offerings and product quality.
Qualifications, Skills, & Abilities
- Minimum of 15 years of professional experience, including leadership across multiple functional areas and organizations of 50+ people
- Proven ability to drive impact on a P&L, even in situations where not all inputs are controlled directly.
- Experience launching and/or scaling a business line
- Strong strategic thinking and execution capabilities, with the ability to inspire teams to achieve ambitious goals.
- Proven ability to handle a broad range of responsibilities and prioritize effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Comfortable operating at all levels of the organization; eager to dive into details when appropriate and equally as eager to present high-level insights to the Board
- Physical goods or supply chain experience is a plus, but not required.
Brightwheel is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment and is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.