Lead Product Manager
Posted on Tuesday, February 6, 2024
Our Mission and Opportunity
Early education is one of the greatest determinants of childhood outcomes, is a must for working families, and has a lasting social and economic impact. Brightwheel’s vision is to enable high quality early education for every child — by giving teachers meaningfully more time with students each day, engaging parents in the development of their kids, and supporting the small businesses that make up the backbone of the $175 billion early education market. Brightwheel is the most loved technology brand in early education globally, trusted by thousands of educators and millions of families.
We are a fully remote team with employees across every time zone in the US. Our team is passionate, talented, and customer-focused. Our exceptional investor group includes Addition, Bessemer Venture Partners, Chan Zuckerberg Initiative, GGV Capital, Lowercase Capital, Emerson Collective, and Mark Cuban.
We believe that everyone—from our employees to the students, teachers, and administrators we serve— should be given the opportunity to learn and thrive, whatever their background may be. We celebrate diversity in all forms because it allows our team and the communities we serve to reach their full potential and do their best work.
Who You Are
Brightwheel’s mission is a high quality early childhood education for every child - research shows that early childhood education is one of the single biggest levers we have for impacting the long-term outcomes of a person’s life, both educational attainment and social development. Brightwheel is the leader in partnering with the hundreds of thousands of early childhood institutions to make these goals a reality for every child, and we accomplish this through our core product.
We are looking for an experienced Lead Product Manager to oversee a business-critical area of brightwheel’s core product. In this role you’ll own and develop product strategy for your area, and work to develop simple, intuitive solutions based on deep customer understanding and empathy. Brightwheel is in a period of massive growth — we have an incredible opportunity to scale our platform, and we need your critical thinking, creative problem solving, and product management skills, combined with your leadership, personal drive and results-oriented mentality to be successful.
We take an iterative approach to product development, and hold a high bar for quality — we will look to you to help bring impactful experiences to our customers quickly, and to measure impact to improve those experiences based on insights. To be successful, you will work closely with partners across various functions, including engineering, design, marketing, sales and support.
What You’ll Do
- Lead your product area with an iterative, outcome-oriented approach; build collaborative, healthy relationships that yield results
- Define a strategy for your product area that aligns with where the company is headed and would result in meaningful customer and business impact
- Define measurable objectives and key results that will give your team focus and ensure they are working on the right problems
- Partner closely with cross-functional colleagues throughout the product development process to ensure maximal output
- Develop a deep understanding and empathy for our admin and parent customers
- Apply deep critical thinking to thorny problems; ask the hard questions, and translate insights that will enable your team to come up with the right solutions
- Leverage data and analysis to uncover new problems and identify opportunities to improve existing products
- Create and maintain a prioritized pipeline of opportunities, making sure the most important initiatives are appropriately scoped and resourced
Qualifications, Skills, & Abilities:
- 5+ years of Product Management experience or the equivalent- creating, launching, and iterating on consumer-facing products
- Strong technical and business acumen, with experience leading healthy cross-functional product teams
- A keen eye for design and user experience - you know what good looks like
- Deep user empathy and experience, bringing together user research, insights & data
- Proven ability to break down problems and translate them into clear, focused solutions
- A strong track record of scoping, launching, and growing high-impact products
- Demonstrated ability to roll up your sleeves (no task too big or too small!) and move quickly to achieve outcomes
- Strong team player: support + collaborate with ease across engineering, design, and other functions
- A passion and drive for improving the world through education and technology
- Bonus: experience building mobile-first experiences
Brightwheel is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment and is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.