Assistant Visuals Editor, W Magazine
Bustle Digital Group
New York, NY, USA
Posted on Tuesday, March 7, 2023
W Magazine is seeking an Assistant Visuals Editor to join the Visuals & Content team. The ideal candidate will have strong communication, and organizational skills and a knowledge of fashion and photography. The role will work directly with the Associate Visuals Director to ensure departmental efficiency. A broad-ranging understanding of culture, fashion, photography, and entertainment is preferred for this role.
- Communicate directly with W editors to research and license contemporary and archival visuals for editorials including fashion photography, RTW collections, portraiture, beauty, fine art, and paparazzi imagery on their behalf from varied vendors and sources.
- Create and adhere to a monthly budget for licensing and “pick-up” artwork.
- Maintain accounts and invoicing for stock agencies, and licensing vendors.
- Oversee circulating proofs for photo credits and legal use of images.
- Maintain monthly production schedule and deadlines
- Liaise daily with Art department to research or schedule outstanding assets from external vendors.
- Manage shared server and communicate with Production department to provide hi-res assets upon approved layouts
- Assist photo team in production of FOB shoots – responsibilities include suggesting photographer, booking hmu, styling, catering, location, managing budget, and archiving assets.
- Support photo team with internal research for locations and castings
- Bachelor’s Degree in media, photography, or related field
- Knowledge of stock, archival, fine art, and fashion visual resources
- Knowledge of photo rights and permissions for print and digital use
- Excellent organization skills and file management
- Strong attention to detail and calm under pressure
- Ability to multitask and prioritize multiple projects at once.
- High-level collaboration skills and can also work independently as a self-starter with a positive, can-do attitude
- Excellent interpersonal skills and confident in communicating internally and externally
- Working knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Bridge, InCopy)
- Prior on-set experience, with a clear understanding of on-set roles and etiquette
- An editorial eye with a unique and engaged perspective
BDG is one of today’s leading global media companies with a portfolio of distinct digital and experiential brands that are shaping culture through its authentic and trusted storytelling. Audiences turn to our brands – Bustle, Elite Daily, The Zoe Report, NYLON, Inverse, Mic, W, Romper, Scary Mommy, Fatherly, and The Dad – to hear from a set of diverse voices around the interests engaging the next generation. Founded in 2013, the Company reaches over 223 million readers and social fans and serves hundreds of the world's largest advertisers. BDG has global offices in New York, Los Angeles, Miami, London, and Paris.
See more open positions at Bustle Digital Group
Something looks off?