Editorial Intern, Parenting & Lifestyle
Bustle Digital Group
New York, NY, USA
Posted on Tuesday, May 2, 2023
Bustle Digital Group is seeking a dynamic intern to assist with writing, research, reporting, and other tasks across verticals for Bustle, Elite Daily, The Zoe Report, NYLON, Romper, Scary Mommy, and Fatherly. Day-to-day responsibilities include contributing weekly news stories and evergreen pieces across sites and verticals as needed, sourcing and interviewing experts across lifestyle and parenting coverage areas for the different sites, researching the most up-to-date information across a wide variety of topics for stories, and helping out with other editorial and content strategy projects and initiatives as they come up. Areas of coverage will include wellness, sex and relationships, parenting, celebrity news, entertainment, fashion, beauty, and more.
Applicants should have strong research, reporting, writing, and analytical skills, and be comfortable covering a wide range of lifestyle, parenting, and entertainment topics. The ideal candidate is also extremely well organized, detail-oriented, and has their finger on the pulse when it comes to identifying the next big TikTok trend, buzzy beauty product, dating app, or celebrity up-and-comer.
BDG’s 2023 Internship Program is an exciting opportunity to get hands-on experience at one of the fastest growing digital media companies today. Our immersive program gives each intern the chance to explore and develop their interests through executive mentorship, career training, professional development seminars and workshops, collaborative projects, off-site events and more.
This is a paid, part-time opportunity beginning June 12, 2023 and runs through September 8, 2023. Candidates should be available to work up to 28 hours per week, and will be given the choice to work either remotely or from BDG’s New York City HQ office near Madison Square Park, depending on your role.
- Pitch and contribute daily news stories and evergreen features across BDG Lifestyle and Parenting sites
- Conduct and transcribe interviews with experts across a number of different fields
- Make sure BDG evergreen stories include the most current data, information, products, and scientific research available
- Assist BDG Lifestyle and Parenting editorial and content strategy teams with any other special tasks and projects
- An understanding of and enthusiasm for BDG’s mission and individual brands
- A passion to work at a fast-paced digital media company
- A flexible, ambitious mind with a problem-solving mentality
- A positive, team-oriented attitude and strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to follow instructions and implement feedback accordingly
- Ability to work independently when necessary
- Willingness to alter workflow with a sense of urgency
BDG is one of today’s leading global media companies with a portfolio of distinct digital and experiential brands that are shaping culture through its authentic and trusted storytelling. Audiences turn to our brands – Bustle, Elite Daily, The Zoe Report, NYLON, Inverse, Mic, W, Romper, Scary Mommy, Fatherly, and The Dad – to hear from a set of diverse voices around the interests engaging the next generation. Founded in 2013, the Company reaches over 223 million readers and social fans and serves hundreds of the world's largest advertisers. BDG has global offices in New York, Los Angeles, Miami, London, and Paris.
See more open positions at Bustle Digital Group
Something looks off?