Director, Paid Social
Bustle Digital Group
New York, NY, USA
Posted on Saturday, August 26, 2023
Bustle Digital Group is looking for a Director of Paid Social to join the Marketing and Distribution team.
Reporting into BDG’s VP of Marketing and Distribution, in this role you will be working across our full publisher portfolio, managing a team of distribution specialists, implementing end-to-end owned, earned and paid media strategies in support of branded content programs on site and social. In addition to ensuring that all direct-sold content meets and exceeds contracted delivery requirements, the Director of Marketing will be responsible for shaping sophisticated learnings and insights to inform opportunities.
- Manage social distribution team, overseeing all paid media spend and campaign pacing, and maximizing measurable success metrics in alignment with advertiser KPIs
- Perform ongoing analysis of branded content data to ensure campaigns are adhering to best practices, while also uncovering optimizations and growth opportunities.
- Cultivate a culture of A/B and multivariate testing among the distribution team to ensure detailed learnings are uncovered for branded content programs.
- Engage in cross-functional relationships with design, branded content and video teams to provide data-driven recommendations for performance-optimized creative.
- Serve as a go-to resource for account managers and post-sales teams to field questions and reporting inquiries.
- Develop and circulate resources that directly address the needs and FAQs among post-sales teams. Regularly update all content benchmarking materials.
- Assist affiliate partnerships teams as needed on owned and paid media campaigns in support of lower-funnel KPI programs
- 5-7+ years managing digitally-focussed marketing campaigns (Prior experience in digital publishing a plus)
- Experience managing and mentoring a team of paid media strategists
- 5+ years of paid social experience, primarily focused on Facebook and Instagram
- In-depth knowledge and expertise in paid social channels such as Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, Snap, Pinterest and YouTube
- Must have previous experience with web analytics tools (eg. Google Analytics, Omniture, Pressboard)
- Demonstrates strong strategic planning skills, with the ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects with varying objectives
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced and dynamic media environment
- Desire to learn about the digital media and content marketing landscape
BDG is one of today’s leading global media companies with a portfolio of distinct digital and experiential brands that are shaping culture through its authentic and trusted storytelling. Audiences turn to our brands – Bustle, Elite Daily, The Zoe Report, NYLON, Inverse, Mic, W, Romper, Scary Mommy, Fatherly, and The Dad – to hear from a set of diverse voices around the interests engaging the next generation. Founded in 2013, the Company reaches over 223 million readers and social fans and serves hundreds of the world's largest advertisers. BDG has global offices in New York, Los Angeles, Miami, London, and Paris.