Associate Commerce Editor
Bustle Digital Group
Posted on Thursday, November 2, 2023
Bustle Digital Group is seeking a remote Associate Commerce Editor to join our growing Commerce and Affiliate Marketing team. The team consists of editors and business strategists who create the affiliate content for BDG Media sites, including but not limited to Bustle, Inverse, Elite Daily, Mic, and Romper. This position will work on content spanning all shopping categories (homewares, health and wellness, consumer technology, fashion, beauty, kids and parenting, and so forth).
These articles, and the Commerce team broadly, operate separately from each site’s editorial team, and Commerce articles are written to generate revenue from sales of products featured in the articles. The Commerce team covers the full range of product categories, including home, health, tech, beauty, etc.
The Commerce Editor’s day-to-day will include editing articles to ensure they uphold editorial standards and successfully generate revenue through product sales; researching products and product categories (including reaching out to experts for more information and insight) in order to create compelling and informative content; analyzing traffic and performance data to form recommendations for continuous improvement of commerce content; updating/optimizing legacy content to improve conversion rates. The Editor will also manage a team of Writers, helping coordinate their schedules and assignments, answer day-to-day questions, and provide feedback on their work.
This role is ideal for anyone who is a detail-oriented editor, persuasive writer, and avidly researches products before purchasing them. This role is especially a great fit for those with a copyediting, fact-checking, or e-commerce background. Since this role is remote, candidates should be comfortable working and meeting deadlines in a self-starting environment.
The ideal candidate will have a mix of editorial and analytical skills. Candidates should understand how to tailor content to different audiences and platforms, as well as be comfortable looking at and interpreting data to understand shopping trends. Ideal candidates should have a background in writing and editing, although we are open to candidates with other types of backgrounds (editing may not have been a central role, but was an important element of job function).
Examples of Content:
- Edit incoming stories from commerce writers for grammar, voice, product choice, and formatting.
- Update and optimize legacy content to improve conversion rates according to guidance provided by the strategy team
- Use analytics tools and data provided by business strategy teammates to monitor content performance and form recommendations to improve the content
- Support team initiatives at large including live sale day coverage, brainstorming, and other projects that may arise
- BA/BS degree English, journalism, marketing, or related field
- 2-3 years of experience in e-commerce or editorial — Strong preference for background in affiliate content
- Strong writing/editing skills, attention to detail
- Experience managing writers
- Familiarity with SEO best practices and tools
- Comfortable using spreadsheets
- Background in Google Analytics
- Experience using affiliate platforms such as Skimlinks, Amazon Associates, Rakuten, RewardStyle, ShareASale, etc.
BDG is one of today’s leading global media companies with a portfolio of distinct digital and experiential brands that are shaping culture through its authentic and trusted storytelling. Audiences turn to our brands – Bustle, Elite Daily, The Zoe Report, NYLON, Inverse, Mic, W, Romper, Scary Mommy, Fatherly, and The Dad – to hear from a set of diverse voices around the interests engaging the next generation. Founded in 2013, the Company reaches over 223 million readers and social fans and serves hundreds of the world's largest advertisers. BDG has global offices in New York, Los Angeles, Miami, London, and Paris.