Chief is changing the face of leadership. Our mission: build the most powerful network focused on connecting and supporting women leaders. Our members are VP and C-level executives across every industry who are leading their companies today and building a more equitable tomorrow. Chief was recently recognized as one of Fast Company's Most Innovative Companies of 2021, and you can read more about us in Forbes or watch us on the Today Show.
Launched in early 2019, Chief is a Series B stage start-up backed by General Catalyst, Inspired Capital, Primary Ventures, CapitalG, and other top-tier investors. The Chief network includes 12,000+ members from across the United States. We are headquartered in New York City with additional Flagship spaces in Los Angeles, Chicago, and, soon, San Francisco.
We are tech-powered. Our members make meaningful connections, engage in compelling discussions, and view our unique content through our digital platform. Our Product and Technology teams are building the future of that platform, with data and insights at its heart.
About the Role:
The Clubhouse Manager is responsible for the day to day operations of our San Francisco Flagship, as well as its Food and Beverage program, and will provide support for our in-person events. This individual will model and exemplify hospitality excellence at all times while making sure the clubhouse is running smoothly and that there is a high level of member satisfaction. Attention to detail, a passion for excellence, exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, and the ability to manage for results are critical for an individual to enjoy ongoing success in this position.
What you’ll do:
- Manage day-to-day operations of the clubhouse, ensuring quality standards and member expectations are met daily
- Own all facets of clubhouse operating spend, including budgeting and forecasting
- Manage and develop clubhouse operating expenses to maintain budget
- Manage all aspects of the food and beverage, front desk, back of house, and event operations
- Evaluate data to determine the effectiveness of existing processes and reports key metrics and trends to leadership
- Lead the creation and ongoing improvements of member policies and procedures based on Clubhouse feedback in partnership with leadership.
- Provides insight and recommendations to leadership in the development, implementation, and evaluation of new or modified operating policies, practices, and procedures.
- Partner with leadership to predict and forecast Clubhouse resource needs based on historical attendance and revenue
- Evaluate data to determine the effectiveness of existing processes and adjust to meet internal goals
- Manage the internal processes and provide training and documentation to ensure cohesive messaging across the local operations team.
- Create local ops job descriptions and assist in hiring the right personnel for local operations
- Oversee all facilities management
What you’ve done and enjoy doing:
- Hospitality experience
- Knowledge of F&B
- Ability to be in the clubhouse 5 days/week; flexibility with schedule, as it may shift or change to support events at the clubhouse
- Project management experience — ability to deliver consistently across deadlines
- Ability to develop strong relationships with external vendors, partnerships, and members
- Experience managing large teams
- A proactive self-starter mentality and comfort working in a fast-paced environment
- Passion for Chief’s mission, positioning, and brand — to empower women in business and spark change from the top
Why You'll Want to Work Here:
- Competitive salary and equity
- Flexible vacation policy
- Full medical, dental, and vision packages, 401(k)
- Experience as an early member of a startup team with exciting early traction
- Opportunity to work for a startup focused on driving real change for women in business
- Opportunity to create and attend inspiring experiences and events with leaders of the industry
- Access to our ongoing virtual Chief member exclusive content, including workshops, thought leadership, and iconic speakers
While we’re committed to remaining compliant and adhering to mandates, for us, pay transparency is more than a consideration of what’s lawful and unlawful but rather, an opportunity to disclose what’s required, and what we think is a fair and equitable compensation framework.
At Chief, we want to hire, develop, and retain the best talent, making Chief a top destination to accelerate your career. Our compensation framework is a key part of our vision, and we continually revisit and invest in our philosophy and framework to ensure we remain competitive and relevant, on a quest to achieve our vision.
The pay transparency mandates, as well as our own policies and practices, are a means of narrowing the gender pay gap and fostering an engaged and positive working environment that builds trust, on our mission to change the face of leadership.
The base salary for this role is: $115,000
Chief participates in the E-Verify Program in certain locations, as required by law.