Director, Product & Design
Chief is changing the face of leadership. Our mission: build the most powerful network focused on connecting and supporting women leaders. Our members are VP and C-level executives across every industry who are leading their companies today and building a more equitable tomorrow. Chief was recently recognized as one of Fast Company's Most Innovative Companies of 2021, and you can read more about us in Forbes or watch us on the Today Show.
Launched in early 2019, Chief is a Series B stage start-up backed by General Catalyst, Inspired Capital, Primary Ventures, CapitalG, and other top-tier investors. The Chief network includes 12,000+ members from across the United States and United Kingdom. We are headquartered in New York City with additional Flagship spaces in Los Angeles, Chicago, San Francisco, and London.
We are tech-powered. Our members make meaningful connections, engage in compelling discussions, and view our unique content through our digital platform. Our Product and Technology teams are building the future of that platform, with data and insights at its heart.
About the Role:
Chief is seeking an experienced Product Leader to lead the product and design teams responsible for Chief’s portfolio of digital products. Your role will be to lead the overall product strategy and roadmap while partnering closely with key business leads across our Learning & Development, Member Success, and Events & Community to drive the digital enablement of those services. This role is critical to setting the strategic direction for our digital products and will report directly to the Chief Product & Experience Officer.
What you’ll do:
- Develop and communicate a clear digital product strategy and roadmap aligned with business objectives
- Lead and inspire a cross-functional team of product managers and designers
- Identify new opportunities and areas of investment to build innovative products
- Champion user-centric design principles and ensure a seamless and intuitive user experience across digital products
- Define clear measurable goals to ensure teams are set up for success and regularly report on product metrics
- Utilize data and research-driven insights to measure product performance and make informed decisions
- Collaborate closely with key stakeholders (e.g., Learning & Development, Member Success, Events, Community, Research, Data, Software Engineering) to to align product initiatives with overall business goals
- Drive best practices to guide the team and establish ways of working
What you’ve done and enjoy doing:
- Deep experience managing and building well-loved products in a B2C context, ideally across both web and mobile
- Experience leading product and design teams with proven ability to hire and grow talent
- Experience operating in ambiguity with a proven track record of building products that have clear impact to the business
- Deep experience leveraging data to make informed decisions with proven ability to set clear and measurable objectives
- Strong product intuition, showcasing deep user empathy in everything you do
- Proven track record in building collaborative partnerships across multi-disciplinary teams
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken, with the ability to influence and communicate cross-functionally and at all levels of the organization
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
Why You'll Want to Work Here:
- Competitive salary and equity
- Flexible vacation policy and 4.5 day work weeks
- 20 weeks of paid gender neutral parental leave
- Full medical, dental, and vision packages, 401(k)
- Opportunity to work for a startup focused on driving real change for women in business
- Opportunity to create and attend inspiring experiences and events with leaders of the industry
- Access to our ongoing virtual Chief member exclusive content, including workshops, thought leadership, and iconic speakers
- Wellness, Work from home and Learning Stipends available
While we’re committed to remaining compliant and adhering to mandates, for us, pay transparency is more than a consideration of what’s lawful and unlawful but rather, an opportunity to disclose what’s required, and what we think is a fair and equitable compensation framework.
At Chief, we want to hire, develop, and retain the best talent, making Chief a top destination to accelerate your career. Our compensation framework is a key part of our vision, and we continually revisit and invest in our philosophy and framework to ensure we remain competitive and relevant, on a quest to achieve our vision.
The pay transparency mandates, as well as our own policies and practices, are a means of narrowing the gender pay gap and fostering an engaged and positive working environment that builds trust, on our mission to change the face of leadership.
The base salary for this role is: $215,000
Chief participates in the E-Verify Program in certain locations, as required by law.