Senior Specialist, Talent Management
At Coinbase, our mission is to increase economic freedom around the world, and we couldn’t do this without hiring the best people. We’re a group of hard-working overachievers who are deeply focused on building the future of finance and Web3 for our users across the globe, whether they’re trading, storing, staking or using crypto. Know those people who always lead the group project? That’s us.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for candidates who will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, and disrupt ourselves. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people who are excited to learn about and live crypto, because those are the folks who enjoy the intense moments in our sprint and recharge work culture. We’re a remote-first company looking to hire the absolute best talent all over the world.
Ready to #LiveCrypto? Who you are:
- You’ve got positive energy. You’re optimistic about the future and determined to get there.
- You’re never tired of learning. You want to be a pro in bleeding edge tech like DeFi, NFTs, DAOs, and Web 3.0.
- You appreciate direct communication. You’re both an active communicator and an eager listener - because let’s face it, you can’t have one without the other. You’re cool with candid feedback and see every setback as an opportunity to grow.
- You can pivot on the fly. Crypto is constantly evolving, so our priorities do, too. What you worked on last month may not be what you work on today, and that excites you. You’re not looking for a boring job.
- You have a “can do” attitude. Our teams create high-quality work on quick timelines. Owning a problem doesn’t scare you, but rather empowers you to take 100% responsibility for achieving our mission.
- You want to be part of a winning team. We’re stronger together, and you’re a person who embraces being pushed out of your comfort zone.
The Talent Management team at Coinbase is responsible for all portions of the annual performance cycle, including peer, manager, and 360 feedback, as well as succession planning and talent review across teams, and the tooling and enablement to support all of these programs. We partner closely with disciplines across our People Success Team to identify, encourage, and reward critical talent, cultivating leaders that will make Coinbase a generational company.
This role reports to the Senior Director, Talent Management and will take end-to-end ownership of one or more world-class talent management programs, from design through implementation and iteration.
What you’ll be doing (ie. job duties):
- Co-designing high impact, fit-for-Coinbase performance and talent planning programs, ensuring alignment to our cultural tenets and the rhythms of our business
- Delivering the end-to-end execution of our programs in partnership with key People teams (i.e. HRBPs, People Analytics, HR Tech) by creating clear project plans, stakeholder maps, toolkits, HRBP-facing enablement and more
- Driving awareness & adoption of our programs by developing and deploying clear and concise communication and training plans for employees
- Creating engaging learning experiences that educate employees and managers on the process, tools and the skills needed for them to successfully participate in these programs
- Digging into reporting and analytics to identify program impact, insights, and emerging trends that will inform future program iteration
- Assessing and evolving our processes and tools to enable and measure talent programs
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements):
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years experience working on People programs, ideally performance management, talent planning, or succession, but also engagement, learning, etc.
- In one or more fast-paced, high-growth companies
- Adapting and evolving people programs through multiple iterations
- Building trusted relationships with cross-functional partners at all levels
- Managing multiple projects, meeting deadlines, and coalition-building with cross-functional partners
- Building programs inspired by and aligned with company culture
- Ability to…
- Effectively communicate with employees and managers of all levels
- Manage competing stakeholder demands and resolve diverse input to build alignment across teams
- Interpret and translate data into actionable strategy and to answer complex questions
- Think through second- and third-order impacts of program design at the individual, team, and enterprise level
- Maintain a deep sense of empathy and understanding for the needs of diverse groups of people
- Anticipate employee needs and questions, and build scalable systems to support them
- Multitask, perform under pressure, and deal with ambiguity in a fast-paced environment
Position ID: P51899
Pay Transparency Notice: Depending on your work location, the target annual salary for this position can range from $127,075to $190,000+ target bonus + target equity + benefits (including medical, dental, vision and 401(k)).
Commitment to Equal Opportunity
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Know Your Rights notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to accommodations[at]coinbase.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here).
Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required. For US applicants only, by submitting your application you are agreeing to arbitration of disputes as outlined here.
Something looks off?