Market Expansion Lead, Americas
At Coinbase, our mission is to increase economic freedom around the world, and we couldn’t do this without hiring the best people. We’re a group of hard-working overachievers who are deeply focused on building the future of finance and Web3 for our users across the globe, whether they’re trading, storing, staking or using crypto. Know those people who always lead the group project? That’s us.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for candidates who will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, and disrupt ourselves. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people who are excited to learn about and live crypto, because those are the folks who enjoy the intense moments in our sprint and recharge work culture. We’re a remote-first company looking to hire the absolute best talent all over the world.
Ready to #LiveCrypto? Who you are:
- You’ve got positive energy. You’re optimistic about the future and determined to get there.
- You’re never tired of learning. You want to be a pro in bleeding edge tech like DeFi, NFTs, DAOs, and Web 3.0.
- You appreciate direct communication. You’re both an active communicator and an eager listener - because let’s face it, you can’t have one without the other. You’re cool with candid feedback and see every setback as an opportunity to grow.
- You can pivot on the fly. Crypto is constantly evolving, so our priorities do, too. What you worked on last month may not be what you work on today, and that excites you. You’re not looking for a boring job.
- You have a “can do” attitude. Our teams create high-quality work on quick timelines. Owning a problem doesn’t scare you, but rather empowers you to take 100% responsibility for achieving our mission.
- You want to be part of a winning team. We’re stronger together, and you’re a person who embraces being pushed out of your comfort zone.
Coinbase International team is responsible to scale Coinbase's presence globally in order to further our mission of increasing economic freedom around the world. You will be part of the Americas regional team partnering hand in hand with Country Directors of our priority markets and cross-functional team members from different parts of the world to drive Coinbase growth in the region. As part of a lean team, the ideal candidate needs to be analytical, structured, a self-starter, strong problem solver with an ability to excel in both strategic definition and tactical execution of priorities.
What you’ll be doing (ie. job duties):
- Evaluate and recommend Coinbase growth initiatives based on market analysis. Analyze priority markets' performance to shape regional priorities and roadmap. Initially, you will focus on Canada and Brazil.
- Lead the execution of Coinbase’s growth strategy in the Americas, owning the growth roadmap for the region and partnering with cross-functional teams with an emphasis on identifying and executing opportunities for international growth.
- Build strong relationships with internal stakeholders, acting as a strong thought partner for product, marketing, business development, legal, and compliance leaders on ways to create great experiences highly adapted to the needs and local requirements.
- Bias for action, focusing on the 20% of work that will get us 80% of the impact. Analytical rigor assessing the performance of growth initiatives, iterating and scaling the initiatives that prove impactful and efficient.
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements):
- 8+ years of experience in a business-strategy role in (a) management consulting at a top-tier firm; (b) strategic operator at high-growth start-ups / tech companies; and/or (c) market launcher roles at high-growth start-ups / tech companies.
- Strong experience in executing different growth tactics to deliver scalable growth within efficiency guardrails.
- Structured problem solver, strong analytical skills, driving constant growth impact and efficiency improvements.
- Ability to create strong relationship with internal cross-functional partners and experience delivering result in a matrix environment.
- You can think both strategically and tactically. You have strong intellect, a broad perspective, and the confidence to engage with senior leaders across multiple disciplines.
- Working proficiency in English and Portuguese, including ability to conduct business in the language. Experience living and working in Latin America or Canada.
- You have great communication skills and can demonstrate the ability to collaborate effectively across multiple teams and geographies.
- You are passionate about crypto and what’s happening in decentralization (expertise not a prerequisite but willingness to learn essential).
Nice to haves:
- Previous experience or deep interest in web3/blockchain.
- Experience working on launching a new product or internationalization to a new market.
Job #: P52491
Commitment to Equal Opportunity
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Know Your Rights notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to accommodations[at]coinbase.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here).
Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required. For US applicants only, by submitting your application you are agreeing to arbitration of disputes as outlined here.