Senior Software Engineer
Domosapiens embody an inclusive culture where we strive to go beyond, embrace data and win together. Our cloud-based platform transforms business by putting data to work for everyone in an organization, empowering all employees to be multipliers of business impact.
We are looking for a Back-End or Full Stack Developer. This position will be part of the data platform team, developing highly reliable and performant systems at the heart of Domo’s data pipeline. You will work hands-on to translate design concepts into working software. You will be a key contributor in a fast paced, high energy team environment.
- Acting as a developer, you will be responsible for high quality design and development practices. This includes participation in key project phases: ideation, architecture design, implementation, and testing;
- Stay up to date on current trends in data processing software and ETL systems;
- Collaborate with other developers to create innovative, high quality software services for accessing and manipulating data;
- Research and define patterns, toolkits and services that support a well-designed interface on Domo’s data API. Work with various engineering teams to support adoption of these tools.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or closely related field. Will consider 5+ years of relevant professional experience in lieu of degree;
- At least 3 years of industry experience as a back-end or full stack developer in a cross-functional team delivering software and web applications;
- Experience dealing with very large data sets;
- Experience designing distributed applications for systems requiring high throughput and availability;
- Knowledge of and experience with OO, SOA and RESTful web services patterns and practices;
- Experience in SaaS and Enterprise DB technologies;
- Proven experience in developing usable, maintainable APIs and software interfaces;
- Has a track record of working effectively with project managers to deliver high quality and effective software solutions;
- Outstanding communication skills.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Hands-on expertise with Java, Spring based services;
- Hands-on expertise with Relational Databases and SQL;
- Hands-on expertise with Docker, Kubernetes or other container management platforms;
- Some UI experience in React or other JS frameworks is a plus.
Domo is an equal opportunity employer.
Something looks off?