Associate Technical Consultant
Domosapiens embody an inclusive culture where we strive to go beyond, embrace data and win together. Our cloud-based platform transforms business by putting data to work for everyone connected to an organization, empowering all stakeholders to be multipliers of business impact.
Working as a member of Domo’s Client Services team, the Associate Technical Consultant will be focused on the implementation of fault tolerant, highly scalable solutions. The successful candidate will have a minimum of 3 years working hands on with data. This individual will join an enthusiastic, fast-paced and dynamic team at Domo. A successful candidate will have demonstrated sustained exceptional performance, innovation, creativity, insight, and good judgment.
- Works with customers, end-users, technical analyst, and application designers to define the data requirements and structure for Business Intelligence (BI) applications;
- Designs models for the data warehouse or data mart (data structure, storage, and integration);
- Works with our team to aggregate large data sets for use within Domo solutions;
- Develops, designs, and optimizes complex SQL queries;
- Leads the database analysis, design, and build effort;
- Designs maps of source system data to data warehouse models;
- Develop strategies for data acquisitions and integration of the new data into Domo's Data Engine.
- 3+ years experience supporting business intelligence systems in a BI or ETL Developer role;
- Expert SQL skills required;
- Expertise with Windows and Linux environments;
- Expertise with at least one of the following database technologies and familiarity with the others: relational, columnar and NoSQL (i.e. MySQL, Oracle, MSSQL, Vertica, mongodb);
- Understanding of data modeling skills (i.e. conceptual, logical and physical model design - with both traditional 3rd normal form as well as dimensional modeling, such as star and snowflake);
- Experience dealing with large data sets;
- Advanced Excel skills, including pivot tables and VBA (Visual Basic for Applications);
- Goal oriented with strong attention to detail;
- Proven experience in effectively partnering with business teams to deliver their goals and outcomes;
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems, Statistics, Computer Science or related field preferred OR equivalent professional experience.
Domo is an equal opportunity employer.