Senior Software Engineer (Backend) - Cloud Amplifier
Domo puts data to work to help everyone multiply their impact. Domo gives every kind of user real-time insights they can act on, with secure, easy-to-use, AI-powered data experience that drive a culture of data curiosity.
We are looking for Senior Software Developers. This position will be part of the Cloud Amplifier team, providing a native integration with cross-cloud systems to unlock data products at speed. You will work hands-on to translate design concepts into working software. You will be a key contributor in a fast-paced, high-energy team environment.
- Acting as a developer, you will be responsible for high-quality design and development practices This includes participation in key project phases: ideation, architecture design, implementation, and testing
- Using metrics as a measure of success for rollouts of projects
- Collaborate with other developers to create innovative, high-quality software services for accessing and manipulating data
- Research and define patterns, toolkits, and services that support a well-designed interface on Domo’s API. Work with various engineering teams to support the adoption of these tools
- Mentoring other developers through code review, pairing, and establishing best practices applicable to building maintainable systems
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or closely related field. Will consider 5+ years of relevant professional experience in lieu of degree;
- 3 – 6 years of industry experience as a backend or full-stack developer in a cross-functional team delivering software and web applications;
- Hands-on expertise with Java, Spring based services;
- Hands-on expertise with Relational Databases and SQL;
- Experience designing distributed applications for systems requiring high throughput and availability;
- Knowledge of and experience with OO, SOA and Web Services (RESTful preferred) RESTful web services patterns and practices;
- Experience in SaaS and Enterprise DB technologies;
- Proven experience in developing usable, maintainable APIs and software interfaces;
- Has a track record of working effectively with project managers to deliver high quality and effective software solutions;
- Outstanding communication skills.
- Hands-on expertise with Docker, Kubernetes or other container management platforms;
- Some UI experience in React or other JS frameworks is a plus.
- Experience dealing with very large data sets;
LOCATION: Pune, India
INDIA BENEFITS & PERKS
- Medical cash allowance provided
- Maternity and paternity leave policies
- Baby bucks: a cash allowance to spend on anything for every newborn or child adopted
- Haute Mama: cash allowance for maternity wardrobe benefit (only for women employees)
- Annual leave of 18 days + 10 holidays + 12 sick leaves
- Sodexo Meal Pass
- Wellness Benefit: cash allowance for gym memberships or fitness program
- One-time Technology Benefit: cash allowance towards the purchase of a tablet or smartwatch
- Corporate National Pension Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- Marriage leaves up to 3 days
- Bereavement leaves up to 5 days
Domo is an equal opportunity employer.