Manager, Platform Engineering (Remote)
The “Manager, Platform Engineering” will oversee the activities for the software design, development, and execution of our platform and ensure the team is not blocked by external dependencies and has clear direction. The primary objective of the role is the successful delivery of the assigned product roadmap initiatives. To be successful in this role it is critical to apply communication and analytical skills and knowledge of best practices to navigate the team on problems related to the platform’s development.
What you'll do:
- Manage and mentor a group of Software Engineerings to meet deliverable commitments.
- Oversee the development efforts of your assigned teams (~7 people).
- Understand and practice agile software development and management.
- Work with Product to understand the product roadmap and plan the Platform team initiatives to build the tools and define processes that will be necessary to help Product Engineering meet their commitments.
What you bring:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience.
- Advanced degree or professional certification is preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years software engineering management.
- Minimum of 6 years experience designing, developing, and delivering software products as a contributor.
- Knowledge of SaaS operations, and modern technical SaaS tools and how to use and integrate with them.
- Eager to share ideas and learn from other team members.
- Strong communication skills to be able to clearly describe and discuss problems.
- Experience with designing and deploying applications in a cloud-based environment.
- Excellent troubleshooting and analytical skills.
- Experience working with distributed systems, integrating APIs, working with software development frameworks, writing scripts to automate tasks.
- Knowledge of Terraform and React.
- Managing performance metrics.
- Bilingual in English & Spanish is a plus.
- Health & Wellness: 100% coverage for medical, dental, and vision plans - for employee and dependents + on demand health care concierge
- HSA, FSA, & DCFSA: Pre-tax savings plans for healthcare and dependent care
- 100% paid short and long term disability plus life + AD&D benefits
- Learning & Development: $500 annually towards professional development opportunities + $250 annually towards personal development opportunities
- FlexibleTime Off: Flexible vacation policy for strong, fully charged batteries
- 16 Weeks Paid Parental Leave: An inclusive policy to ensure you have time with your newborn, newly adopted, or foster child
- Work Remotely: Flexible hours and work from home + $1,000 annually to cover necessary business related items for your home office
- Charitable Giving Program: Up to $500 match for qualified charities
- 401K: Reach your financial goals while reducing your taxes
This role will receive a competitive base salary, benefits, and equity. The applicable salary range for each US-based role is based on where the employee works and is aligned to one of 3 tiers based on the cost of labor for that geographic area. The expected salary ranges for this role are set forth below.
Tier 1: $170,000-$210,000
Tier 2: $153,000-$189,000
Tier 3: $136,000-$168,000
You can view which tier applies to where you plan to work here. A variety of factors are considered when determining someone’s leveling and compensation–including a candidate’s professional background and experience. These ranges may be modified in the future and final offer amounts may vary from the amounts listed above.
Please continue to apply if you are unsure that you fit into our compensation structure.
Drata is on a mission to help build trust across the internet.
Drata is a security and compliance automation platform that continuously monitors and collects evidence of a company's security controls, while streamlining compliance workflows end-to-end to ensure audit readiness.
We all recognize the importance of earning and keeping the trust of our customers when it comes to protecting their data. We've felt firsthand how burdensome achieving and maintaining a strong security and compliance posture can be at a fast-growing company. It’s a manual, redundant, error-prone, and unscalable process - and it only grows more complex and expensive over time.
Our team of SaaS, security, compliance, and audit experts have built a better way - with automation.
Employment at Drata is based solely upon individual merit and qualifications directly related to professional competence. We strictly prohibit unlawful discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, veteran status, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy status, sex, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, or any other characteristics protected by law. We also make reasonable accommodations to meet our obligations under laws protecting the rights of the disabled.