Executive Business Partner, CEO
Are you ready for an exciting opportunity with a rapidly growing governance, risk, and compliance (GRC) innovator? At Drata, we're passionate about security, compliance, and automation, and we're searching for an exceptional Executive Business Partner (EBP) to support our Co-Founder and Chief Executive Officer (CEO).
We are looking for an experienced generalist to join our team to sit at the center of the company and get significant exposure to our product, growth, marketing, finance, and leadership efforts. As an EBP at Drata, you'll work closely with our dynamic CEO, gaining a unique perspective across the company. You'll forge strong relationships with executives, external partners, investors, and board members. This role will broaden your skill set and prepare you for future leadership roles.
You will ensure the seamless operation and strategic alignment of our CEO, your responsibilities will encompass a wide range of critical tasks, all aimed at optimizing our executives time, decision-making, and communication.
In this high-impact role, you will operate in a very dynamic environment where you will need to anticipate problems across the business and parachute in to solve them regardless of the functional area. Most importantly, you will act as the voice of the CEO in many internal and external scenarios, which requires humility, maturity, and situational sensitivity.
As the EBP to the CEO, you will be instrumental in enabling our CEO to scale the company by efficiently managing day-to-day and midterm activities. You will serve as the CEO's closest proxy, acting as a Swiss army knife and a force multiplier. Your role will encompass a wide range of responsibilities, including project ownership, administrative support, operational problem-solving, and strategic alignment.
What you’ll do:
- Enable the CEO to scale up by managing day to day and mid term activities and creating the space to work on day-to-day operations
- Act as a swiss army knife and force multiplier as an extension of the CEO and own a variety of projects ranging from solving executive team-related operational challenges, driving alignment and execution on critical initiatives, increasing efficiency by helping to prioritize important meetings and communications, making decisions on the CEO’s behalf, and keeping teams accountable
- Ensure the CEO is working on the most important items for the company, is aware of deliverables and timelines and that communication is cascaded up and down as needed
- Serve as a trusted advisor and strategic partner to the CEO and be the second set of eyes and ears on all major business initiative planning and communication to ensure efficient allocation of resources and effective communication for cross-functional collaborations
- Foster trust and credibility with the rest of the executive team as the CEO’s closest proxy and advisor
- Identify and remove bottlenecks for the CEO and partner closely to scale the business
- Provide thought leadership, tactical support, solutions and guidance to the CEO in decision-making processes, including data analysis, risk assessment, and scenario planning;
- Plan, organize and manage the CEO’s complex calendar (resolve overlapping commitments and protect time for priorities) including working with the CEO to prioritize their time and attendance, travel arrangements and related logistics
- Amplify and improve the CEO’s communications by ghost-writing external and internal communications
- Serve as the point of contact for internal and external constituencies on all matters pertaining to the CEO, including those of a highly confidential or critical nature
- Understand how Drata operates and the mechanics of our business by knowing who is responsible for what and who our executives and senior leaders are for each business area
- Keep relevant stakeholders informed and make sure that information is properly filtered throughout the Leadership teams. Identify gaps in communication and identify issues that need to be escalated
- Responsible for creating, tracking, and managing FY budgets for the CEO, with little to no assistance
- Assist where needed with the execution of events and projects
- Aid in any other departmental needs or duties as assigned
What you’ll bring:
- 7+ years of dynamic experience in all aspects of CEO Executive Support in a Software as a Service (SaaS) startup environment including developing and maintaining relationships with multiple stakeholders and ability to work well and get along with a variety of personalities
- 3+ years of business management experience
- Demonstrates the highest ethical standards, strict confidentiality, maturity, actively promotes trust, respect and integrity in all dealings both inside and outside the Company
- Self-motivated – change agent that is able to face big challenges with resilience and agility
- Ability to operate independently as well as part of group
- Forward looking – actively proposing solutions rather than simply waiting for requests
- Start-up growth company experience and ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment with a high level of energy
- Balance competing priorities, can switch hats at a moment’s notice
- Excellent written and verbal communicator
- Extremely versatile, dedicated to efficient productivity
- Experience with change management
- You’re a data-driven professional who excels at making informed decisions through rigorous analysis and insights, driving excellence
- Organized but flexible, with the ability to anticipate change, and to react efficiently and quickly
- You have tough skin and a great sense of humor -- even when meeting tight and unpredictable deadlines
- You are approachable and helpful at all times, knowing when and how to block and tackle with executive(s)
- Strong ability to execute work with a diversity, equity, and inclusion lens
- Passion for Drata, safety and trust, and/or the tech industry
- Health & Wellness: 100% coverage for medical, dental, and vision plans - for employee and dependents + on demand health care concierge
- HSA, FSA, & DCFSA: Pre-tax savings plans for healthcare and dependent care
- Company sponsored Life & AD&D, short term disability, long term disability
- Learning & Development: $500 annually towards professional development opportunities + $250 annually towards personal development opportunities
- Flexible Time Off: Flexible vacation policy for strong, fully charged batteries
- 16 Weeks Paid Parental Leave: An inclusive policy to ensure you have time with your newborn, newly adopted, or foster child
- Work Remotely: Flexible hours and work from home + $1,000 annually to cover necessary business related items for your home office
- 401K: Reach your financial goals while reducing your taxes
- Employee Assistance Program: Services to help promote well-being and enhance the quality of life for you and your family
This role will receive a competitive base salary, benefits, and equity. The applicable salary range for each US-based role is based on where the employee works and is aligned to one of 3 tiers based on the cost of labor for that geographic area. The expected salary ranges for this role are set forth below.
Tier 1: $123,250-$152,250
Tier 2: $110,925-$137,025
Tier 3: $98,600-$121,800
You can view which tier applies to where you plan to work here. A variety of factors are considered when determining someone’s leveling and compensation–including a candidate’s professional background and experience. These ranges may be modified in the future and final offer amounts may vary from the amounts listed above.
Please continue to apply if you are unsure that you fit into our compensation structure.
Drata is on a mission to help build trust across the internet.
Drata is a security and compliance automation platform that continuously monitors and collects evidence of a company's security controls, while streamlining compliance workflows end-to-end to ensure audit readiness.
We all recognize the importance of earning and keeping the trust of our customers when it comes to protecting their data. We've felt firsthand how burdensome achieving and maintaining a strong security and compliance posture can be at a fast-growing company. It’s a manual, redundant, error-prone, and unscalable process - and it only grows more complex and expensive over time.
Our team of SaaS, security, compliance, and audit experts have built a better way - with automation.
Employment at Drata is based solely upon individual merit and qualifications directly related to professional competence. We strictly prohibit unlawful discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, veteran status, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy status, sex, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, or any other characteristics protected by law. We also make reasonable accommodations to meet our obligations under laws protecting the rights of the disabled.