Customer Marketing Manager (REMOTE)
The Customer Marketing Manager at Drata is responsible for driving a number of global programs and initiatives to help build stronger relationships with our customers, while elevating their stories. These key initiatives are essential to our business and drive Drata’s growth from an expansion and retention standpoint. This role is critical in identifying moments and opportunities to build relationships with customers, ensuring the voice of the customer is woven into the fabric of Drata while driving revenue growth and expansion through a series of customer marketing programs.
In this role, the Customer Marketing Manager will build strong and trusted relationships directly with our customers while leading customer engagement and advocacy programs, customer events, webinar support, own our customer advisory board (CAB) as well as owning critical customer communications. This is a great opportunity for someone who is comfortable working directly with customers while collaborating with leaders from across the organization. Success in this role will be measured on customer reference and success story achievement, customer event execution & success, and customer community engagement.
What you’ll do:
- Own and manage customer events, including our Customer Advisory Board, Customer User Forums, as well as customer engagement programs at Industry events - this includes evaluating overall objectives, events and touch-points while project-managing and executing a valuable experience for our most strategic customers.
- Creatively bring our customers' stories to life by defining and owning the process and delivery of capturing customer success stories, ranging from writing case studies to coordinating customer testimonial videos, capturing customer proof points that reinforce Drata as the market leader in the Governance, Risk, and Compliance space.
- Develop and own our in-product customer communication strategy leveraging, inclusive of product discovery announcements, guides & walk-throughs and success KPIs.
- Drive and own all aspects of the customer reference program, including: identifying and securing customers as advocates to build impactful and compelling customer stories, testimonials, videos, and to participate in PR, media, prospect calls and events that showcase the business benefits and outcomes.
- Responsible for identifying and coordinating customers to speak with us on customer webinars in support of expansion and retention focused webinars.
- Engage directly with customers -- develop and conduct customer insight interviews on behalf of marketing, sales and product management
- Partner closely with Customer Success and Account Management teams to identify opportunities and build strategic, scalable customer programs both internally and externally, such as advocate identification methods and internal enablement programs for customer-facing teams.
- Own and manage the reporting and metrics of all programs, being proficient at measuring and reporting out the impact of all programs and campaigns.
What you’ll bring:
- 4-7 years of specific Customer Marketing and/or Customer Advocacy experience; strong preference for SaaS and B2B experience.
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, business, or communications preferred.
- Experience with Hubspot, Salesforce, Chameleon, Intercom strongly preferred.
- Experience with Chameleon or similar tool for driving in-product messaging and discovery is strongly preferred
- Data-driven marketing approach, along with the ability to grasp and translate technical capabilities into business benefits.
- Experience managing and maintaining a formal Customer Reference Program, from campaign execution to growing the number of referenceable customers and internal fulfillment of advocacy activities such as reference calls, event/webinar speakers, customer quotes, etc.
- Experience in developing and writing customer success stories, translating complex technology and processes to compelling and powerful case studies.
- Experience creating and executing marketing campaigns and programs that drive measurable customer engagement and advocacy.
- Ability to work effectively and collaborate with internal cross-functional teams and external customers to drive results.
- Strong customer focus and business orientation, with ability to engage senior executives through professional communications.
- Healthcare: 90-100% paid premiums for medical, dental, and vision plans for employee and dependents + on demand health care concierge
- HSA, FSA, & DCFSA: Pre-tax savings plans for healthcare and dependent care, with up to a $600 annual employer contribution to the HSA plan (if enrolled in HSA medical plan)
- 100% paid short and long term disability plus life + AD&D benefits
- Learning & Development: $500 annually towards professional development opportunities + $250 annually towards personal development opportunities
- Flexible Time Off: Flexible vacation policy for strong, fully charged batteries
- 16 Weeks Paid Parental Leave: An inclusive policy to ensure you have time with your newborn, newly adopted, or foster child
- Work Remotely: Flexible hours and work from home + $1,000 annually to cover necessary business related items for your home office
- 401K: Reach your financial goals while reducing your taxes
This role will receive a competitive base salary, benefits, and equity. The applicable salary range for each US-based role is based on where the employee works and is aligned to one of 3 tiers based on the cost of labor for that geographic area. The expected salary ranges for this role are set forth below.
Tier 1: $106,250 - $131,250
Tier 2: $95,625 - $118,125
Tier 3: $85,000 - $105,000
You can view which tier applies to where you plan to work here. A variety of factors are considered when determining someone’s leveling and compensation – including a candidate’s professional background and experience. These ranges may be modified in the future and final offer amounts may vary from the amounts listed above.
Please continue to apply if you are unsure that you fit into our compensation structure.
Drata is on a mission to help build trust across the internet.
Drata is a security and compliance automation platform that continuously monitors and collects evidence of a company's security controls, while streamlining compliance workflows end-to-end to ensure audit readiness.
We all recognize the importance of earning and keeping the trust of our customers when it comes to protecting their data. We've felt firsthand how burdensome achieving and maintaining a strong security and compliance posture can be at a fast-growing company. It’s a manual, redundant, error-prone, and unscalable process - and it only grows more complex and expensive over time.
Our team of SaaS, security, compliance, and audit experts have built a better way - with automation.
Employment at Drata is based solely upon individual merit and qualifications directly related to professional competence. We strictly prohibit unlawful discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, veteran status, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy status, sex, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, or any other characteristics protected by law. We also make reasonable accommodations to meet our obligations under laws protecting the rights of the disabled.