Deal Desk Specialist (Remote)
The Deal Desk role plays a crucial role in managing and facilitating the sales process. The Deal Desk team is responsible for ensuring that deals are structured effectively, meet the needs of both customers and the business, and comply with company policies.
**Candidates located in Eastern Time Zone preferred**
What you’ll do:
- Deal Structuring:
- Collaborate with sales teams to structure deals that align with the company's pricing and packaging strategies.
- Analyze customer requirements and recommend appropriate pricing models, terms, and conditions.
- Pricing Strategy:
- Assist with development and maintain pricing strategies that balance competitiveness, profitability, and customer value.
- Regularly perform market research to stay informed about industry pricing trends and competitor offerings.
- Contract Review:
- Review and analyze customer contracts to ensure compliance with company policies and legal requirements.
- Work with legal team to address contractual issues, negotiate terms, and mitigate risks.
- Discount Approval:
- Evaluate and approve/disapprove discount requests, ensuring they align with established guidelines and policies.
- Collaborate with sales teams to find creative solutions that meet customer needs within acceptable discount parameters.
- Revenue Recognition:
- Ensure that deals are structured in a way that complies with revenue recognition standards and accounting principles.
- Collaborate with finance teams to provide accurate revenue forecasts and support financial reporting requirements.
- Cross-functional Collaboration:
- Work closely with sales, finance, legal, and product teams to gather necessary information and ensure a cohesive deal process.
- Facilitate communication and information flow between different departments involved in the deal lifecycle.
- Deal Approval Workflow:
- Establish and manage a standardized deal approval workflow to ensure timely approvals and adherence to internal processes.
- Continually seek out automation tools and systems to streamline deal approval processes.
- Metrics and Reporting:
- Track and report on key deal metrics, such as win/loss rates, deal cycle times, and discount trends.
- Provide insights and recommendations for process improvements based on data analysis.
- Training and Enablement:
- Train sales teams on pricing models, deal approval processes, and best practices for structuring deals.
- Keep sales teams updated on changes in pricing strategies, product offerings, and deal desk policies.
- Customer Advocacy:
- Advocate for customer success by ensuring that deals align with customers' long-term goals and expectations.
- Gather feedback from sales teams and customers to continuously improve the deal desk processes.
What you’ll bring:
- 5+ years of experience in all aspects of Deal Desk operations in a Software as a Service (SaaS) startup environment including developing and maintaining relationships with multiple stakeholders and ability to work well and get along with a variety of personalities
- Extensive experience with Salesforce CPQ+, Salesforce Billing+, AWS Marketplace deals, Gong and Clari or similar software
- Demonstrates the highest ethical standards, strict confidentiality, maturity, actively promotes trust, respect and integrity in all dealings both inside and outside the Company
- Self-motivated – change agent that is able to face big challenges with resilience and agility
- Ability to operate independently as well as part of group
- Forward looking – actively proposing solutions rather than simply waiting for requests
- Start-up growth company experience and ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment with a high level of energy
- Balance competing priorities, can switch hats at a moment’s notice
- Excellent written and verbal communicator
- Extremely versatile, dedicated to efficient productivity
- Experience with change management
- You’re a data-driven professional who excels at making informed decisions through rigorous analysis and insights, driving excellence
- Organized but flexible, with the ability to anticipate change, and to react efficiently and quickly
- You have tough skin and a great sense of humor -- even when meeting tight and unpredictable deadlines
- You are approachable and helpful at all times, knowing when and how to block and tackle with executive(s)
- Strong ability to execute work with a diversity, equity, and inclusion lens
- Passion for Drata, safety and trust, and/or the tech industry
- Healthcare: 90-100% paid premiums for medical, dental, and vision plans for employee and dependents + on demand health care concierge
- HSA, FSA, & DCFSA: Pre-tax savings plans for healthcare and dependent care, with up to a $600 annual employer contribution to the HSA plan (if enrolled in HSA medical plan)
- 100% paid short and long term disability plus life + AD&D benefits
- Learning & Development: $500 annually towards professional development opportunities + $250 annually towards personal development opportunities
- Flexible Time Off: Flexible vacation policy for strong, fully charged batteries
- 16 Weeks Paid Parental Leave: An inclusive policy to ensure you have time with your newborn, newly adopted, or foster child
- Work Remotely: Flexible hours and work from home + $1,000 annually to cover necessary business related items for your home office
- 401K: Reach your financial goals while reducing your taxes
This role will receive a competitive base salary, benefits, and equity. The applicable salary range for each US-based role is based on where the employee works and is aligned to one of 3 tiers based on the cost of labor for that geographic area. The expected salary ranges for this role are set forth below.
Tier 1: $119,000 - $147,000
Tier 2: $107,100 - $132,300
Tier 3: $95,200 - $117,600
You can view which tier applies to where you plan to work here. A variety of factors are considered when determining someone’s leveling and compensation – including a candidate’s professional background and experience. These ranges may be modified in the future and final offer amounts may vary from the amounts listed above.
Please continue to apply if you are unsure that you fit into our compensation structure.
Drata is on a mission to help build trust across the internet.
Drata is a security and compliance automation platform that continuously monitors and collects evidence of a company's security controls, while streamlining compliance workflows end-to-end to ensure audit readiness.
We all recognize the importance of earning and keeping the trust of our customers when it comes to protecting their data. We've felt firsthand how burdensome achieving and maintaining a strong security and compliance posture can be at a fast-growing company. It’s a manual, redundant, error-prone, and unscalable process - and it only grows more complex and expensive over time.
Our team of SaaS, security, compliance, and audit experts have built a better way - with automation.
Employment at Drata is based solely upon individual merit and qualifications directly related to professional competence. We strictly prohibit unlawful discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, veteran status, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy status, sex, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, or any other characteristics protected by law. We also make reasonable accommodations to meet our obligations under laws protecting the rights of the disabled.