Senior Database Reliability Engineer (Remote)
As a Database Reliability Engineer, you will have ownership of all technical aspects related to databases. You will help build, maintain and troubleshoot Drata's MySQL and Aurora cloud clusters, as well as caching services. You will partner with application developers and infrastructure engineers to make sure best practices are used in database modeling, usage, automation, reliability and scalability. You will also play a key role as we evolve our architecture to meet the demands of Drata's growing business and database needs.
What you'll do:
- Lead efforts on scaling, resiliency and performance tuning of our RDS MySQL and Aurora database clusters and replication environments on AWS
- Lead architectural and deployment standards, as well as best practices in relation to databases and database changes
- Own observability of important database environment metrics in Datadog
- Partner with application developers to monitor and tune SQL queries and implement best practices for application development
- Partner with the rest of the Infrastructure team to ensure smooth, continued delivery of our services to customers
- Triage and solve database issues, employ measures to prevent recurrence
- Document processes and procedures, and automate them whenever possible
- Lead research in to new or alternative technologies
What you'll bring:
- 5+ years of experience with MySQL database administration
- Hands on Experience with AWS RDS (MySQL & Aurora) administration, backup and recovery strategies
- Strong proficiency in MySQL database management, performance tuning and troubleshooting
- Experience with MySQL internal architecture
- Experience with MySQL database design, implementation, performance tuning and capacity planning
- Extensive knowledge of relational database design concepts
- Understanding of database migration and ETL concepts
- Expertise in writing SQL queries and analyzing their performance impact
- Experience with AWS Elasticache (Redis)
Bonus points for experience with AWS DynamoDB
- Learning & Development: $500 USD annually towards professional development opportunities + $250 USD annually towards personal development opportunities
- 16 Weeks Paid Parental Leave: An inclusive policy to ensure you have time with your newborn, newly adopted, or foster child
- Work Remotely: Flexible hours and work from home plus up to $1,000 USD annually to cover necessary business related items for your home office
This role will receive a competitive base salary, benefits, and equity.
Drata is on a mission to help build trust across the internet.
Drata is a security and compliance automation platform that continuously monitors and collects evidence of a company's security controls, while streamlining compliance workflows end-to-end to ensure audit readiness.
We all recognize the importance of earning and keeping the trust of our customers when it comes to protecting their data. We've felt firsthand how burdensome achieving and maintaining a strong security and compliance posture can be at a fast-growing company. It’s a manual, redundant, error-prone, and unscalable process - and it only grows more complex and expensive over time.
Our team of SaaS, security, compliance, and audit experts have built a better way - with automation.
Employment at Drata is based solely upon individual merit and qualifications directly related to professional competence. We strictly prohibit unlawful discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, veteran status, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy status, sex, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, or any other characteristics protected by law. We also make reasonable accommodations to meet our obligations under laws protecting the rights of the disabled.