Revenue Accounting Lead
Revenue Accounting Lead
Who We are
Electric is on a mission to simplify IT for small businesses everywhere. In the US alone, 99% of companies are small businesses, and we have a huge opportunity to impact how they run by providing a solution that makes managing IT easy (even if you’re not an IT expert)! We do that for almost 1,000 small businesses and over 55,000 users with IT Management Software that makes technical things like device management, application provisioning, cybersecurity policies, employee onboarding, and compliance reporting easy to manage and improve.
Our employees are our most valuable asset. We have a people-first culture that prioritizes inclusion, support, growth, and development. You're not just an employee here; you're an important part of our community and of our mission to simplify IT.
If you want to bring your skills to a highly collaborative team and are passionate about pairing the creative with the analytical, have a flair for testing and experimentation, embody grit, determination, and curiosity, and want to be part of bringing Electric to small businesses across the U.S., read on.
The Revenue Accounting Lead oversees daily accounting processes and financial reporting relating to revenue activities. The ideal candidate is well organized, possesses a strong attention to detail, and can thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic environment. This individual should be a self-starter, comfortable with owning projects from start to finish and proactively providing insights to management.
What you’ll do
- Oversee all revenue accounting processes
- Manage monthly close processes for all entities, including but not limited to general ledger review, journal preparations, and analysis and reconciliation of P&L and Balance Sheet accounts for all revenue and related accounts
- Manage AR reporting and oversee A/R activity
- Complete ad-hoc revenue analysis over new GAAP standards and prepare adjustments as necessary, ensuring compliance with regulatory bodies
- Implement ERP system improvements where necessary
- Support the year-end financial audit by managing revenue related testing and activities
Who you are
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting and a CPA strongly preferred
- At least 4-6 years of related accounting experience
- Understanding of accounting principles and GAAP
- Audit experience preferred
- Ability to work cross-functionally to achieve desired company results
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Netsuite and Salesforce experience are a plus
- ERP implementation experience preferred
Excited about the opportunity, but worried you don’t meet all the requirements? We recognize that people with marginalized identities are less likely to apply to jobs where they don’t meet every single qualification. We encourage you to apply anyway, and give us both the chance to find out if you’re the right candidate for this or other roles!
We offer a range of benefits that include:
- Flexible and generous PTO
- Mental Wellness Days
- Volunteer Days
- Medical, Vision, Dental, and Orthadontia Coverage
- ESOP (Employee Stock Option Program)
- Kindbody Membership for Family Planning
- Pre-taxed Commuter Benefits
- Generous Parental Leave
- Paid medical, family, and military leave
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Life Insurance funded by Electric
- Training and career growth
- Awesome team building events!
We are headquartered in NYC, with an office in Denton, TX and remote locations across 27 states. Our largest markets outside of the Tri-State area and Dallas-Fort Worth area are San Diego, Denver, Raleigh. We embrace a hybrid culture and offer opportunities throughout the year for folks to get together in regional markets or at HQ. With a widely distributed team, we are used to working remotely across different time zones.
See below to see if you are eligible to work within the 27 states we hire in: Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, Wisconsin.
Standard Working Hours: 9:00AM -6:00PM ET
We are an equal opportunity employer.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users.
We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment. Electric does not discriminate against candidates or employees because of their sex, race, gender identity, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, veteran status or any other protected status under the law.
Electric is committed to providing access, equal opportunities, and reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities. To request a reasonable accommodation as part of the recruitment process, please contact: TA@electric.ai.
As an organization, we believe in pay transparency and have chosen to abide by NY state, CO and CA pay transparency laws across all roles, regardless of location of hire, and post salaries for all positions eligible for full time hire on our website.