Manager, Revenue Programs
Electric is on a mission to simplify IT for small businesses everywhere. In the US alone, 99% of companies are small businesses, and we have a huge opportunity to impact how they run by providing a solution that makes managing IT easy (even if you’re not an IT expert)! We do that for almost 1,000 small businesses and over 55,000 users with IT Management Software that makes technical things like device management, application provisioning, cybersecurity policies, employee onboarding, and compliance reporting easy to manage and improve.
Our employees are our most valuable asset. We have a people-first culture that prioritizes inclusion, support, growth, and development. You're not just an employee here; you're an important part of our community and of our mission to simplify IT.
If you want to bring your skills to a highly collaborative team and are passionate about pairing the creative with the analytical, have a flair for testing and experimentation, embody grit, determination, and curiosity, and want to be part of bringing Electric to small businesses across the U.S., read on.
Electric is looking for a skilled Program Manager to oversee projects impacting our Revenue teams. As a Revenue Program Manager, you will be responsible for aligning revenue specific projects with business goals, build project plans, manage cross functional project teams and communicate project status with stakeholders. Technical design skills, project management and executive presentation skills are essential. You will provide project leadership, mitigate project risks, make tradeoffs, and balance business needs versus technical constraints.
What you’ll do
- Lead projects form requirements definition through deployment, identifying schedules, scopes and areas of risk
- Coordinate internal and external resources to make sure projects remain in scope, on schedule and defined budgets in collaboration with cross functional project team members
- Build and maintain relationships with stakeholders by providing regular project status and change updates
- Analyze project progress and adapt scope, timelines and cost as needed if project requirements change
- Assist in maintaining related documentation and best practices
Who you are
- 4+ years of project management experience
- Salesforce knowledge is a nice to have along with familiarity with the GTM tech stack
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Experience with Jira or other project management platforms
- Experience with agile project methodologies and managing SaaS platform projects
- Proactive self-starter with the ability to recognize needs, establish requirements, manage priorities and solve problems
We offer a range of benefits that include:
- Flexible and generous PTO
- Mental Wellness Days
- Volunteer Days
- Medical, Vision, Dental, and Orthodontia Coverage
- ESOP (Employee Stock Option Program)
- Kindbody Membership for Family Planning
- Pre-taxed Communter Benefits
- Generous Parental Leave
- Paid medical, family, and military leave
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Life Insurance funded by Electric
- Training and career growth
- Awesome team building events!
We are headquartered in NYC, with an office in Denton, TX and remote locations across 27 states. Our largest markets outside of the Tri-State area and Dallas-Fort Worth area are San Diego, Denver, Raleigh. We embrace a hybrid culture and offer opportunities throughout the year for folks to get together in regional markets or at HQ. With a widely distributed team, we are used to working remotely across different time zones.
See below to see if you are eligible to work within the 27 states we hire in: Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, Wisconsin.
Standard Working Hours: 9:00AM-6:00PM
We are an equal opportunity employer
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users.
We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment. Electric does not discriminate against candidates or employees because of their sex, race, gender identity, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, veteran status or any other protected status under the law.
Electric is committed to providing access, equal opportunities, and reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities. To request a reasonable accommodation as part of the recruitment process, please contact: TA@electric.ai.
As an organization, we believe in pay transparency and have chosen to abide by NY state, CO and CA pay transparency laws across all roles, regardless of location of hire, and post salaries for all positions eligible for full time hire on our website.