Executive Assistant and Office Manager
Who We are
Electric is on a mission to simplify IT for small businesses everywhere. In the US alone, 99% of companies are small businesses, and we have a huge opportunity to impact how they run by providing a solution that makes managing IT easy (even if you’re not an IT expert)! We do that for almost 1,000 small businesses and over 55,000 users with IT Management Software that makes technical things like device management, application provisioning, cybersecurity policies, employee onboarding, and compliance reporting easy to manage and improve.
Our employees are our most valuable asset. We have a people-first culture that prioritizes inclusion, support, growth, and development. You're not just an employee here; you're an important part of our community and of our mission to simplify IT.
If you want to bring your skills to a highly collaborative team and are passionate about pairing the creative with the analytical, have a flair for testing and experimentation, embody grit, determination, and curiosity, and want to be part of bringing Electric to small businesses across the U.S., read on.
Electric is looking for an Executive Assistant to lead our administrative efforts and support day to day operations of the CEO and our headquarters in New York City. This role will report to our SVP of People, supporting the CEO directly, assisting in managing the office operations day to day and supporting other executives as needed.
As the Executive Assistant, you will design and implement a framework for communication and effectiveness within supporting executives. You will serve as a key liaison between the executive team and the rest of the organization, as well as represent our culture through delivering a welcoming employee experience in our HQ office. This position will work across the organization to schedule meetings, plan events, and help the executive team run smoothly. The ideal candidate will be proactive, and bring a blend of professionalism, passion, and flexibility to the role. This position requires 90% onsite work.
What you’ll do:
- Proactive calendar management - review CEO schedule prior to the start of the work week to ensure he has adequate breaks in between meetings, travel time, and working blocks, and the calendar is prioritized around the highest priority and/or most urgent items at all times.
- Logistics - proactively ensure that the schedule is tenable from a logistics standpoint i.e. in-person meetings allow for adequate transit time to and from the office, travel is booked well in advance and accommodates various (sometimes competing) priorities.
- Preparation - ensure that the CEO is prepared for meetings by way of pre-reads, agendas and relevant context. Identify areas where meetings need to be adjusted to allow for more or less time.
- Ongoing adjustments - proactively suggest different ways to manage CEO time and commitments to better align with the needs of the company.
- Situational awareness - who is in the office this week? Do we have guests from out of town? Are there people I haven't spoken to enough? Be the eyes and ears around the organization and make sure the right things are getting the CEO’s attention.
Executive Team Collaboration
- Serve as the liaison and primary point of contact between the CEO and other members of the organization (Execs, SLT, ICs, etc…)
- Assist in scheduling, organizing, and managing multiple complex calendars for the Executive team.
- Meeting assistance - documenting meeting minutes and action items, and follow up with key stakeholders accordingly.
- Complete in-person personal tasks on behalf of the CEO, as needed.
- Coordinate both international and domestic travel arrangements.
- Support other functional areas and members of the organization’s leadership team with special projects as needed. May include projects in HR, Recruiting, Marketing, Development, Finance or Programs.
- Track expenses and prepare reports for members of the Executive team.
- Partner with the Marketing and Design team to support the development of presentations, electronic communications, reports, videos and other forms of communications issued by CEO or other C-suite executives.
- Assist and manage itinerary for quarterly board meetings, scheduling meetings across stakeholders 1 year in advance, prepping content and assisting CEO with agenda and final edits
- Proactively coordinate all arrangements for professional meetings, board meetings, conferences and events including scheduling, agendas, booking space, etc.
- Surface feedback to appropriate stakeholders through observations and or proximity when applicable and appropriate.
HQ Office Management
- Promote positive employee relations and foster a productive work environment.
- Manage all employee requests either in-person, via Slack, or via our JIRA online ticketing system.
- Maintain a well-organized, secure, and presentable working environment.
- Frequently place orders with vendors to ensure office supplies/equipment, snacks and drinks are well-stocked.
- Liaise with building management, cleaning crew and outside vendors to ensure repairs are completed in a timely manner and office is well-maintained
- Order supplies and place food orders for breakfasts/lunches and special events as needed
- Communicate to employees about holidays and vacations, office closings, work disruptions and other events.
- Schedule conference room meetings and keep track of what external meetings are going on - setup and clean up as needed.
- Manage deliveries including distributing mail/packages.
- Periodically assist with project management of office tasks and ad-hoc projects including but not limited to office space moves, desk/seating arrangements.
- Help drive meaningful connections and a sense of belonging at work through a mix of creative, virtual and in-person events. (i.e. summer in-person event)
- Manage on-site employee relations concerns and delegate them to the appropriate individual.
- Commemorate birthdays and anniversaries via our monthly all-employee meetings.
- Submit vendors for approval via Tipalti and ensure prompt payment of vendor invoices.
- Serve as the main point of contact for all office-related happenings at our NY HQ.
Who you are:
- 5+ years of experience providing administrative assistance experience supporting multiple senior leaders
- An overall “can do” attitude and willingness to help others
- Ability to remain organized in a fast-paced, high-energy environment
- Demonstrate the ability to be thoughtful and detail-oriented while executing daily tasks
- Ability to take on several projects at once and prioritize accordingly
- Demonstrated ability to be proactive and take initiative
- High maturity and ability to exercise good judgment, discretion & confidentiality in all tasks
- Deadline-driven and able to manage time-sensitive issues in a fast-paced environment
- Be a motivated self-starter who works independently, effectively problem solves and anticipates the needs of the leaders
- Excellent calendar management skills, including coordinating complex meetings across multiple time zones
- Able to work with people of all levels within the organization, demonstrating strong communication skills (written, verbal, and active listening)
- Ability to quickly learn and adopt new technologies and be flexible
- Proficient in Microsoft Office & G-Suite
If the job requires a person to work in special working conditions this should be stated in the job description. Special working conditions cover a range of circumstances from regular evening and weekend work, shift work, working outdoors, working with challenging clients, and so forth. Include what it’s like to work at this company, in this role, today (i.e. the “gotcha’s)
If the job is physically demanding, this should be stated in the job description. A physically demanding job is one where they are required to stand for extended periods of time, lift heavy objects on a regular basis, do repetitive tasks with few breaks, and so forth.
Excited about the opportunity, but worried you don’t meet all the requirements? We recognize that people are less likely to apply to jobs where they don’t meet every single qualification. Imposter syndrome can get in the way of meeting spectacular candidates. We encourage you to apply anyway, and give us both the chance to find out if you’re the right candidate for this or other roles!
We offer a range of benefits that include:
- Flexible and generous PTO
- Mental Wellness Days
- Volunteer Days
- Medical, Vision, Dental, and Orthadontia Coverage
- ESOP (Employee Stock Option Program)
- Kindbody Membership for Family Planning
- Pre-taxed Commuter Benefits
- Generous Parental Leave
- Paid medical, family, and military leave
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Life Insurance funded by Electric
- Training and career growth
- Awesome team building events!
We are headquartered in NYC, with an office in Denton, TX and remote locations across 27 states. Our largest markets outside of the Tri-State area and Dallas-Fort Worth area are San Diego, Denver, Raleigh. We embrace a hybrid culture and offer opportunities throughout the year for folks to get together in regional markets or at HQ. With a widely distributed team, we are used to working remotely across different time zones.
See below to see if you are eligible to work within the 27 states we hire in: Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, Wisconsin.
Standard Working Hours: [Specify timezone, 9:00AM -6:00PM]
We are an equal opportunity employer.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users.
We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment. Electric does not discriminate against candidates or employees because of their sex, race, gender identity, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, veteran status or any other protected status under the law.
Electric is committed to providing access, equal opportunities, and reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities. To request a reasonable accommodation as part of the recruitment process, please contact: TA@electric.ai.
<links/icons to LinkedIn Life, About Us, Press, etc.>