Who We are
Electric is on a mission to simplify IT for small businesses everywhere. In the US alone, 99% of companies are small businesses, and we have a huge opportunity to impact how they run by providing a solution that makes managing IT easy (even if you’re not an IT expert)! We do that for almost 1,000 small businesses and over 55,000 users with IT Management Software that makes technical things like device management, application provisioning, cybersecurity policies, employee onboarding, and compliance reporting easy to manage and improve.
Our employees are our most valuable asset. We have a people-first culture that prioritizes inclusion, support, growth, and development. You're not just an employee here; you're an important part of our community and of our mission to simplify IT.
If you want to bring your skills to a highly collaborative team and are passionate about pairing the creative with the analytical, have a flair for testing and experimentation, embody grit, determination, and curiosity, and want to be part of bringing Electric to small businesses across the U.S., read on.
Electric is seeking a Repairs Associate to coordinate the hardware repair process for our customers. Reporting to the Manager of the Hardware Lab, you will ensure that hardware repairs, both for Mac and Windows systems, are executed promptly and accurately by manufacturers. Additionally, you will play a vital role in managing logistics and inventory related to the repairs process. The ideal candidate will bring their exceptional organizational skills and technical knowledge to provide top-notch service to our customers.
What you’ll do
- Interface with customers via ticketing system, email or phone and to gather hardware failure diagnosis to provide expected resolution, costs, and turnaround time
- Communicate with vendor representatives to resolve damaged shipments and item shortages.
- Track all repairs in progress and keep customers updated as the repairs process progresses
- Maintain and upkeep of repair inventory storage room.
- Monitor scheduled shipment dates to achieve timely delivery, expediting as necessary and communicating variances to customers.
- Provide support for the Logistics, Provisioning, Planning and Repairs Teams as needed
- Efficient in Forward Thinking and RCA for reporting purposes
Who you are
- 0-1 years of experience in an IT role
- Have technical proficiency of Windows and Mac repair processes
- Outstanding written and spoken communication skills across vendors, clients, and internal teams.
- Team player - willingness to help the team out outside of the repairs department.
- Ability to foster clear communication throughout the company as well as with customers.
- Highly skilled in Analytical Problem Solving and identifying trends
- Organization and Time Management - ensuring repairs are completed in a timely manner as per our SLAs
- Exceptional at Strategizing and Synchronizing
- Flexible and Adaptable
- Exceptional customer service and conflict resolution
- Basic knowledge of MDM technologies
This is a physical role that requires the ability to lift boxes, equipment, or inventory items, weighing up to 25 pounds. You must be comfortable with a mix of both computer and physical work and have the ability to stand or walk for extended periods, especially when physically handling repair inventory.
Excited about the opportunity, but worried you don’t meet all the requirements? We recognize that people are less likely to apply to jobs where they don’t meet every single qualification. Imposter syndrome can get in the way of meeting spectacular candidates. We encourage you to apply anyway, and give us both the chance to find out if you’re the right candidate for this or other roles!
We offer a range of benefits that include:
- Flexible and generous PTO
- Mental Wellness Days
- Volunteer Days
- Medical, Vision, Dental, and Orthadontia Coverage
- ESOP (Employee Stock Option Program)
- Kindbody Membership for Family Planning
- Pre-taxed Commuter Benefits
- Generous Parental Leave
- Paid medical, family, and military leave
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Life Insurance funded by Electric
- Training and career growth
- Awesome team building events!
We are headquartered in NYC, with an office in Denton, TX and remote locations across 24 states. Our largest markets outside of the Tri-State area and Dallas-Fort Worth area are San Diego, Denver, Raleigh. We embrace a hybrid culture and offer opportunities throughout the year for folks to get together in regional markets or at HQ. With a widely distributed team, we are used to working remotely across different time zones.
See below to see if you are eligible to work within the 24 states we hire in: Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Oregon, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, Wisconsin.
Standard Working Hours: [8:00AM -5:00PM CST]
We are an equal opportunity employer.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users.
We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment. Electric does not discriminate against candidates or employees because of their sex, race, gender identity, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, veteran status or any other protected status under the law.
Electric is committed to providing access, equal opportunities, and reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities. To request a reasonable accommodation as part of the recruitment process, please contact: TA@electric.ai.
As an organization, we believe in pay transparency and have chosen to abide by NY state, CO and CA pay transparency laws across all roles, regardless of location of hire, and post salaries for all positions eligible for full time hire on our website.