Jr. Project Manager
We are disrupting the trillion-dollar construction industry with technology, making it possible for almost any profession to operate remotely. Our company is the only startup combining the strengths of technology and remote work to solve the challenges of residential construction.
Unlike most other products and services, hiring a contractor for a home improvement project is very far from a 1-click experience today. Ergeon aims to empower skilled local contractors with human and technology-powered services to make home improvement easy. We take a full-stack approach to create a seamless experience for homeowners, and leverage technology to scale the front & back offices of contractors.
With the belief that everyone has a right to professional growth and respect regardless of their location, we proudly have staff (aka Ergeoneers) in dozens of countries, with a great score and recommendation rating on Glassdoor. Come join us to make construction friendly and accessible!
Ergeon: [er - g- eon]
Erg = unit of work or energy
Eon = billion years
Ergeon is founded by CS Ph.D. serial entrepreneurs Jiayue (Jenny) He and Odysseas Tstatalos. They picked this name to symbolize their joint passion for using tech to revolutionize work.
Overview of the Role
We're looking for a team player with a warm personality to care for our customers and contractors alike, end-to-end. There is HUGE potential for career growth!
This role is part of a sub-region team, the Junior Project Manager works with a Sr. PM and supports colleagues, and coordinates with teammates.
- As the main point of contact, you are the primary person responsible to keep our customers and contractors happy. Examples of daily communications may involve: speaking with a customer and arranging a return visit to address a complaint, explaining payments to a contractor, etc.
- Expected to manage up to 45 projects simultaneously working with up to 3 contractors who may have 1-2 crew members each. While each project is in a different stage of the process, deliver 8-10 jobs per week.
- Fully manage your region's day-to-day operations, including
- Monitoring/optimizing daily schedule,
- Verifying project profitability,
- Proactively preventing bottlenecks and escalations, etc.
- Responsible for upselling new products to the same customers, tracking referrals, etc.
- Respond to customers and installers in a timely manner and document all communication in Front and/or our native apps
- Communicate as a responsive and friendly team player between many teams and departments of the organization
- Work with your Sr. Project Manager to hire new crews based on customer demand.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Excellent written and communication skills.
- Fluency in both English and Spanish.
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment and keep many moving pieces in order.
- Detail-oriented to complete and appropriately document tasks in multi-step processes.
- Tech savvy and quick to interface with multiple programs/websites/spreadsheets at once.
- Experience handling escalated customers.
- Experience handling negotiations with both customers and installers/contractors.
Nice to have
- Prior knowledge of in-home services/home renovations.
- Prior experience in construction project management.
Good Laptop setup with Chrome browser
- Minimum of 8GB RAM
- Minimum processor:
- For Intel variants of CPUs:
- Core i3 8000 Series (8th Gen) or higher
- Pentium N5000 series (Quad-core variant) or higher
- Celeron J5000 series or higher (quad-core variant)
- For AMD variants of CPUs:
- Ryzen 3, 3rd generation or higher
Stable high-speed internet connection
- At least 5mbps upload and 20 Mbps download
- With a noise-canceling microphone
- 250-300W UPS
- Ability to access up to 1.5GB of data per day during storm outages
Monthly salary between $1.550 - $1.950 USD + Monthly bonus. (10 usd hourly)
- Your final compensation will depend on your placement on our Career Ladder and will be calculated hourly.
- You'll be paid weekly through Upwork (www.upwork.com), the platform we choose to hire and pay our Ergeoneers all over the world.
Additional important information
- World-class Project Management Training of 4 weeks including 1-1 sessions, constant mentoring, teamwork, practical use and understanding of our technical tools, and live exercises to develop abilities.
- You are going to be able to do a full immersion in the day-to-day job, enjoy our amazing company culture, make great friends, and learn a lot!
- We are completely convinced that this period gives you the opportunity to decide if the job and the company are your perfect match, and it also helps us to know you better.
- This position is full-time, based on 40 hours per week.
- Availability from 7:00 AM to 6:00 PM PST/CST/EST, including handling any urgent issues during weekends.
Ergeon’s benefits and perks for full staff members
Competitive compensation: We invest in people! We are constantly doing worldwide market research in order to offer globally competitive salaries. And we are well funded by VCs.
All-Remote since the beginning: We have a diverse team spread across 40+ countries. We stay connected through the best remote work practices such as flexible work hours, team events, remote happy hours, and by sharing our love of food!
Tech, Wellness & Learning fund: You can have a $400USD bonus per year for software and hardware tools, workplace improvements, fitness-related spending (includes things like yoga classes, Fitbit tracker, new running shoes, gym membership. . .), and books, courses, training, or even attending conferences.
Stock options: All staff is eligible after 6 months of full-time work.
Birthday Paid day off: You can take the exact day, or Friday before if it is on a weekend!
Flexible Paid time off: You can take 12 days after working 6 months, PLUS 2 extra days per year for a maximum of 20 days.
Free Headset Benefit: You can get a noise-canceling headset since your first day working full-time.
Equipment: Laptop replacement after 1 year of full-time work. And every 3 years after that.
Co-Working Fund: Meet in groups of 3+ Ergeon friends and get reimbursed up to USD $20 for coffee, co-working, etc (once per quarter).
Language Classes: here at Ergeon you will have the opportunity to learn or improve a language!
Remote Health: Health insurance is essential for ensuring that our staff has piece of mind and access to help where and when they need it. Subsidized Health Insurance is available to all of our staff, no matter where they’re located.
This benefit will be available 6 months after graduation date. Ergeon will cover a portion of your plan cost directly with SafetyWing, our partner. Signing up for this plan is optional.
We believe everyone has a right to professional growth and respect, no matter their location.
Ergeon’s workforce is given meaningful opportunities and is supported by a kind and diverse community.
Our global staff (Ergeoneers) have access to career growth, amazing work culture, and great benefits.