We are disrupting the trillion-dollar construction industry with technology, making it possible for almost any profession to operate remotely. Our company is the only startup combining the strengths of technology and remote work to solve the challenges of residential construction.
Unlike most other products and services, hiring a contractor for a home improvement project is very far from a 1-click experience today. Ergeon aims to empower skilled local contractors with human and technology-powered services to make home improvement easy. We take a full-stack approach to create a seamless experience for homeowners, and leverage technology to scale the front & back offices of contractors.
With the belief that everyone has a right to professional growth and respect regardless of their location, we proudly have staff (aka Ergeoneers) in over 40 of countries, with a great score and recommendation rating on Glassdoor. Come join us to make construction friendly and accessible!
Ergeon: [er - g- eon]
Erg = unit of work or energy
Eon = billion years
Ergeon is founded by CS Ph.D. serial entrepreneurs Jiayue (Jenny) He and Odysseas Tstatalos. They picked this name to symbolize their joint passion for using tech to revolutionize work.
Overview of the Role
The Performance Coach at Ergeon Inc. is a central figure in the Sales department, responsible for enhancing the performance and well-being of sales employees. Reporting to the Director of Sales, this role interacts with teams in sales and across the organization and utilizes innovative coaching techniques. Interaction with both internal sales teams. This role is exciting as it offers the opportunity to shape a culture of excellence within a fast-growing tech startup in the construction industry.
- Conduct individual coaching sessions to identify strengths and areas for improvement.
- Facilitate team-building exercises and workshops.
- Provide crisis management support during organizational challenges.
- Act as a mediator in internal conflicts.
- Design and implement personal development plans.
- Analyze decision-making processes to improve performance.
- Employ unconventional methods to inspire and motivate employees.
- Collaborate with leadership to align coaching strategies with company goals.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Minimum 3 years of experience in Performance management or Coaching.
- Background in psychology, Neuropsychology, or Neuroeconomics.
- Experience in fast-paced environments like Startups or Tech Industry.
- Strong analytical and empathetic approach.
- Proven crisis management skills.
- Conflict resolution,
- Ability to remain impartial, objective and fair.
- Innovative thinking and willingness to employ unconventional methods.
- Strong communication skills.
- Proven track record of resiliency.
Nice to have
- Certification in Psychiatry, Psychology, or Coaching.
- Experience in the Construction Industry.
- Multilingual abilities.
Good Laptop setup with Chrome browser
- Minimum of 8GB RAM
- Minimum processor:
- For Intel variants of CPUs:
- Core i5 8000 Series (8th Gen) or higher for PC
- Core i5 10000 Series (10th Gen) or higher for laptops
- For AMD variants of CPUs:
- AMD Ryzen 5, 4500 (4th Gen) or higher
- For Intel variants of CPUs:
Stable high-speed internet connection
- At least 10mbps upload and 20mbps download
- With a noise cancelling microphone
- 250-300W UPS
- Ability to access up to 1.5GB of data per day during storm outages
Hourly Salary of $12.5 - $14.5 USD, depending on experience and location.
- Your final compensation will depend on your placement on our Career Ladder and will be calculated hourly.
- You'll be paid weekly through Upwork (www.upwork.com), the platform we choose to hire and pay our Ergeoneers all over the world.
Additional important information
- This is a 100% remote position, for people located in the countries listed here: Mexico, Guatemala,Belize,El Salvador,Honduras,Nicaragua,Costa Rica,Panama,Colombia,Ecuador,Peru.Chile,Venezuela,Brazil,Bolivia,Paraguay,Uruguay,Guyana,Suriname,French Guiana.
- This position is full-time with expectations of at least 40 hours per week.
- Availability Monday through Friday between 8:00am -5:00pm CST.
- Training period of 4 weeks including: 1-1 sessions, constant mentoring, teamwork, practical use and understanding of our technical tools, and live exercises to develop abilities.
- You are going to be able to do a full immersion in the day-to-day job, enjoy our amazing company culture, make great friends, and learn a lot!
- We are completely convinced that this period gives you the opportunity to decide if the job and the company are your perfect match, and it also helps us to know you better.
Ergeon’s benefits and perks for full staff members
Competitive compensation: We invest in people! We are constantly doing worldwide market research in order to offer globally competitive salaries. And we are well funded by VCs.
All-Remote since the beginning: We have a diverse team spread across 40+ countries. We stay connected through the best remote work practices such as flexible work hours, team events, remote happy hours, and by sharing our love of food!
Tech, Wellness & Learning fund: You can have a $400USD bonus per year for software and hardware tools, workplace improvements, fitness-related spending (includes things like yoga classes, Fitbit tracker, new running shoes, gym membership. . .), and books, courses, training, or even attending conferences.
Stock options: All staff is eligible after 6 months of full-time work.
Birthday Paid day off: You can take the exact day, or Friday before if it is on a weekend!
Flexible Paid time off: You can take 12 days after working 6 months, PLUS 2 extra days per year for a maximum of 20 days.
Free Headset Benefit: You can get a noise-canceling headset since your first day working full-time.
Equipment: Laptop replacement after 1 year of full-time work. And every 3 years after that.
Co-Working Fund: Meet in groups of 3+ Ergeon friends and get reimbursed up to USD $20 for coffee, co-working, etc (once per quarter).
Language Classes: here at Ergeon you will have the opportunity to learn or improve a language!
Remote Health: Health insurance is essential for ensuring that our staff has peace of mind and access to help where and when they need it. Subsidized Health Insurance is available to all of our staff, no matter where they’re located.
This benefit will be available 6 months after graduation date. Ergeon will cover a portion of your plan cost directly with SafetyWing, our partner. Signing up for this plan is optional.
We believe everyone has a right to professional growth and respect, no matter their location.
Ergeon’s workforce is given meaningful opportunities and is supported by a kind and diverse community.
Our global staff (Ergeoneers) have access to career growth, amazing work culture, and great benefits.