Senior Machine Learning Engineer (Remote/Europe)
Fairmarkit is the intelligent sourcing platform that empowers organizations to more efficiently purchase the goods and services they need. By equipping procurement and supply-chain teams with automation and data, Fairmarkit promotes competitive bidding while reducing manual work within existing processes. Fairmarkit has been recognized with awards by organizations such as Gartner and IDC, and is backed by strategic investors like GGV Capital, Insight Partners, 1984.VC, and Newfund.
This is a remote position that can be based out of Europe only.
Fairmarkit is looking for a Senior Machine Learning Engineer / Team Lead to be part of our Machine Learning and AI efforts. The person in this role will operate at the interface of product and technology, working to solve some of our customers’ most critical problems, and delivering ML/AI capabilities that power Fairmarkit’s product suite.
In this role, you will leverage our expansive spend data -- hundreds of billions of dollars to date -- to develop impactful solutions, while covering all aspects of the development cycle including:
- Working directly with our customers & product teams to identify and formalize a business need
- Identifying, collecting, analyzing, and transforming data to address the problem
- Prototyping new models and developing detailed integration plans for including them in existing business processes
- Defining, collecting, and analyzing key success indicators
- Communicating approaches and results to internal and external stakeholders
We are looking for a results-oriented leader, with demonstrated experience in delivering ML/AI solutions in production. This person will have experience with NLP, recommender systems, and bonus points if they have ramped up on the latest in LLMs and generative AI. It’s crucial this person can clearly articulate the business impact of their previous efforts.
Some examples of projects they would work on at Fairmarkit:
- Apply NLP and learn-to-rank models to understand customer requests, and deliver best-in-class supplier recommendations.
Build graph models that allow a customer to expand their supplier relationships and discover new relevant suppliers to source from
- Develop ML models that parse and analyze large amounts of unstructured documents, and deploy them in human-in-the-loop procurement processes such as contract review and proposal evaluation
- Fine-tune open source LLMs to align them with customer data and policies, and use to drive key business metrics like time-to-source or policy compliance rates
- Initiate R&D projects that use chatbots and elements of game theory to negotiate prices & contracts on behalf of buyers or suppliers
- Work with fellow engineers to build out parts of the MLOps infrastructure, to increase development velocity for the entire team