Deal Desk Manager, Rev Ops
Fairmarkit is the intelligent sourcing platform that empowers organizations to more efficiently purchase the goods and services they need. By equipping procurement and supply-chain teams with automation and data, Fairmarkit promotes competitive bidding while reducing manual work within existing processes. Fairmarkit has been recognized with awards by organizations such as Gartner and IDC, and is backed by strategic investors like GGV Capital, Insight Partners, 1984.VC, and Newfund.
Our team is looking for our first designated Deal Desk Manager reporting into the Finance team. This person will partner with Sales, Customer Success, Finance, Sales Operations and Legal. In this newly created role you will play a critical part in creating and establishing new processes and best practices from the ground up. We are in search of an individual deeply passionate about empowering our Sales and Customer Success teams, contributing significantly to their success and overall effectiveness.
- Spearhead the establishment of our new deal desk function
- Act as a trusted advisor to the Sales and Customer Success teams, offering comprehensive guidance on all matters pertaining to deals and transactions
- Formulate and oversee processes related to deal quoting, pricing, discounting, approval, and closure, with an emphasis on precision and efficiency.
- Serve as a liaison between Sales and other departments to streamline communication and ensure a unified approach to deal execution.
- Work with our legal resource to review and draft order forms, MSAs, NDAs, SOWs, support and services agreements to ensure deals comply with company policies and fall within acceptable revenue recognition guidelines
- Advise the Sales team on pricing and deal structure to align with business objectives and maximize profitability
- Work closely with the Customer Success team to improve cycles for renewals/upsells contracts and billing
- Define and build our quote-to-cash workflow
- Deliver training to new and existing team members on deal desk activities, deal cycle and closure best practices
- Ensure that deals are accurately reflected in SFDC and NetSuite for ownership, revenue recognition and billing etc.
- 6 years of experience working in a relevant role
- Experience in a B2B SaaS company
- Experience with Enterprise and Mid-Market deal structures and contract processes
- Knowledge of quote-to-cash workflows and best practice
- General understanding of legal terms related to contracts
- Detail-oriented and organized with a customer-focused mindset
- Strong communication, time management and negotiation skills
- Ability to build relationships and work collaboratively to drive results
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Prior experience with Salesforce
- Comfortable working in a Startup environment