Director of Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A)
Gladly is the radically personal customer service platform for B2C commerce brands. We are the only customer service platform built around people, not cases or tickets. This one-of-a-kind people-centered approach helps B2C brands turn customer service into a loyalty-inducing, revenue-generating competitive advantage. With Gladly, customer service agents have one lifelong, channel-independent conversation with customers and the context to build lasting connection and loyalty. We make customer service about customers helped, not about tickets closed; about having conversations, not about managing channels; about building human connections, not about deflecting contacts. Together these capabilities turn agents into support heroes who connect with customers and elevate brands. With Gladly, brands like Allbirds, Bombas, Crate&Barrel, Nordstrom, Ulta Beauty and Warby Parker have grown brand loyalty, added brand promoters and increased customer lifetime value while creating happier, more efficient and empowered customer service teams. Gladly helps commerce brands drive loyalty through service.
What you'll do
Gladly is looking for a Director of FP&A to champion financial strategy and operations as we scale the team, product, and company. Reporting to the CFO - you'll work across the company as well as directly with our executive team to plan the company's financial future, set objectives, and allocate resources for us to get there.
- Own financial planning and projection, including the financial model of the business, and finance-based analytical components of major strategic initiatives
- Work collaboratively with department heads to develop budgets, lead important analysis of key business drivers, and allocate funds across the business in line with strategic objectives
- Think strategically about the evolution of Gladly as we grow, identifying operational KPIs and developing reporting structure and cadence to inform Gladly’s internal and external stakeholders
- Present frequently to the CFO and CEO as well as the entire company through quarterly business reviews
- Manage our FP&A Manager directly and partner with our Director of Accounting to ensure a highly performing, tight and cohesive team
- When needed, apply plans and projections in the fundraising process, from plan to pitch to diligence
- 10+ years of FP&A or related experience with a fast-growth SAAS company
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably within a finance concentration (Accounting, Business, Economics, Statistics, etc.). MBA, CFA or CPA a plus. Requires deep understanding of accounting (not just finance)
- A strong understanding of the SaaS model and its supporting KPIs
- A very high attention to detail and commitment to zero-defect work. Though errors are human, the ideal candidate constructs forecasts and analyzes problems in a way that minimize them and takes pride in her/his ability to do so.
- Experience forecasting all 3 primary financial statements of a company
- Significant data analysis experience, quantitative but also logical in thinking and approach to problems, i.e. You can not only identify when things are off, but much more importantly WHY they are off based on your deep understanding of our business.
- Google Sheets pro with a systematic, database approach to modeling
- Experience managing a team, you will be managing our FP&A Manager and more as the company continues to scale
- The candidate knows their way around a SQL query as well as a mastery of an Excel or Google Sheet spreadsheet
- Outstanding oral and written communication, including presentation skills
- Desire to be a part of an exceptional team that is scaling a growing business
- An insatiable curiosity and motivation to learn. You will seek to learn everything possible about our customers, product and the ins and outs of every department here at Gladly
Research has shown that individuals from marginalized groups are less likely to apply to jobs where they don't meet 100% of the criteria. Gladly values diversity of experience, so if you believe you have the right skill set, we welcome you to apply - even if you don't check every box in the job description. We're committed to an inclusive workplace and would love to see if you could be the next great addition to our team.
$187,000 to $220,000 per annum base salary + equity + benefits
For cash compensation, we set standard ranges for all U.S.-based roles based on function, level, and geographic location, benchmarked against similar stage growth companies. In order to be compliant with local legislation, as well as to provide greater transparency to candidates, we share salary ranges on all job postings regardless of desired hiring location. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors, including geographic location as well as candidate experience and expertise, and may vary from the amounts listed above.
Working at Gladly
People are not just at the heart of our product, they're at the heart of our company.
- We value diverse perspectives and hire new people to enrich our mix, not keep it the same.
- We believe in open communication and share in an inclusive, open culture.
- We have embraced remote work and make it easy for our team to work from anywhere, but we also invest in opportunities to get the teams together in person regularly.
- We learn from each other, and we help each other learn.
- We have a strong work ethic, but value life outside of work, too.
Our focus is on people and that starts with our employees. As an employee you can count on:
- Competitive salaries, stock options
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life insurance
- Generous paid time off
- Generous paid Parental Leave
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Home office stipends
Founded in 2014 by a team of repeat entrepreneurs with multiple successful exits, Gladly is reinventing customer service. By focusing on customers instead of tickets, we are disrupting a $70B market and are proud to count Crate and Barrel, Warby Parker and many other innovative brands as customers. Gladly has raised over $110M from Greylock Partners, NEA, GGV Capital, Glynn Capital and JetBlue Tech Ventures.
Gladly has made the decision to become a fully distributed company, allowing employees to live anywhere in the United States, and candidates to come from nearly any geographical region. That said, we also highly value our collaborative and creative culture and commit to meeting in real life as a company at least once per quarter when it is safe to do so.