Senior Data Analyst
Gladly is the only customer service software built around people, not tickets. Gladly applies AI differently, to help brands deliver radically personal customer service at scale, enabling consumers to help themselves and turning customer service agents into heroes by making them more productive. Every conversation starts with a real-time understanding of the customer. With every channel built-in – voice, email, SMS, chat, social messaging, self-service – companies have one, lifelong conversation stream with their customers. The world’s most loved brands including Allbirds, Bombas, Crate & Barrel, Ulta Beauty, and Warby Parker leverage Gladly to build lifelong loyal customers.
Our team loves working at Gladly because of its people, continuous growth opportunities, all in commitment to DEIB, collaboration, and culture.
About the role
Gladly’s data products are a foundation for enabling contact center leaders to understand their team’s performance and identify opportunities for their company. Because of Gladly’s unique approach to customer service, the data we provide is a key differentiator, not an afterthought. Our data warehouse also gives Gladly’s customer success team the insights to help customers optimize their use of the product. We create a range of metrics and datasets based on carefully designed events and data models. We are looking for a senior data analyst to join our small, fast-growing and high impact team.
As our Senior Data Analyst you will report to the Engineering Manager.
We are looking for someone with the desire and curiosity to constantly learn and take initiative in a fast-paced SaaS company.
What you’ll do
- Design and create metrics and insights to support the needs of Gladly customers and internal audiences.
- Collaborate with various Gladly teams and stakeholders to identify business requirements and translate them into reporting requirements.
- Generate statistical reports and insights from data.
- Prioritize ad hoc data requests from multiple functions and stakeholders.
- Working with modern cloud databases like Snowflake and Athena as well as orchestration tools like Airflow.
You’ll be successful by
- Being eager to learn Gladly’s business domain and apply this knowledge in building the innovative product.
- Self-organizing and prioritizing your work based on the impact to the customer.
- Understanding how to balance pragmatic solutions with best practices of data modeling and BI.
- Showing ownership and pride in your work by promoting the best practices of building data insights within Gladly, educating other teams on their use and providing ongoing maintenance and support.
We’re excited about you because you have
- 6+ years of experience as a Data Analyst or Data Scientist with expertise in analytics, BI and A/B testing.
- 5+ years of experience of working in a data warehouse environment with dimensional data modeling and aggregation.
- Proficiency in SQL (any dialect) and experience with large data set that includes semi-structured and unstructured data.
- Excellent teamwork skills; you love participating with high-performing product teams.
- Customer-centricity and product focus. You look at everything you create through the lens of how it improves experience for the end-user. You are comfortable communicating how various approaches might impact the product behavior (and vice versa).
- Learning mentality. You aren't intimidated by new domains or technology; you're willing to dive into documentation/videos, talk to your teammates, and experiment to become well-versed.
- Experience working with cross-functional teams including but not limited to Engineering, Design and Product.
- Experience with BI tools like Looker, Tableau, Power BI, Superset, data science tools like Hex, Jupyter notebook, familiarity with modern orchestration tools like Airflow and data catalogs, e.g. DataHub.
Research has shown that individuals from marginalized groups are less likely to apply to jobs where they don't meet 100% of the criteria. Gladly values diversity of experience, so if you believe you have the right skill set, we welcome you to apply - even if you don't check every box in the job description. We're committed to an inclusive workplace and would love to see if you could be the next great addition to our team.
$134,000 to $186,000 per annum base salary + equity + benefits
For cash compensation, we set standard ranges for all U.S.-based roles based on function, level, and geographic location, benchmarked against similar stage growth companies. In order to be compliant with local legislation, as well as to provide greater transparency to candidates, we share salary ranges on all job postings regardless of desired hiring location. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors, including geographic location as well as candidate experience and expertise, and may vary from the amounts listed above
Working at Gladly:
Putting people first is kind of our thing. Not only is it at the core of our product, but shapes our overall culture at Gladly—from our approach to hiring, to our benefits, and how we think about our place in the community.
We have embraced remote work and make it easy for our team to work from anywhere, but we also invest in opportunities to get the teams together in person regularly.
We have a strong work ethic, but value life outside of work, too.
- We win as one team: We believe the most important focus for us as a team is making the company successful.
- We are successful when our customers succeed: We are committed to understanding the needs and expectations of our customers. We provide an exceptional product along with expertise and insight to help achieve their goals.
- We believe in challenging the status quo: We know that our greatest strength is our ability to cultivate a growth mindset focused on reinventing customer service.
- We value underdog grit: Success isn't always about having the most resources or the most experience; it's about having the determination and grit to keep pushing forward especially when it’s hard.
- We strive to make every shot count: We will never have enough “shots on goal” so we strive to make every project, feature, customer presentation, the best it can be.
- We embrace transparency: We know the best outcomes come from collaboration followed by communication of and commitment to the decision.
Our focus is on people and that starts with our employees. As an employee you can count on:
- Competitive salaries, stock options
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life insurance
- Generous paid time off
- Generous paid Parental Leave
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Home office stipends
Founded in 2014 by a team of repeat entrepreneurs with multiple successful exits, Gladly is reinventing customer service. By focusing on customers instead of tickets, we are disrupting a $70B market and are proud to count Crate and Barrel, Warby Parker and many other innovative brands as customers. Gladly has raised over $110M from Greylock Partners, NEA, GGV Capital, Glynn Capital and JetBlue Tech Ventures.
Gladly has made the decision to become a fully distributed company, allowing employees to live anywhere in the United States, and candidates to come from nearly any geographical region. That said, we also highly value our collaborative and creative culture and commit to meeting in real life as a company at least once per quarter when it is safe to do so.