Solutions Consultant, Mid-Market - West Coast
Gladly is the only customer service software built around people, not tickets. Gladly applies AI differently, to help brands deliver radically personal customer service at scale, enabling consumers to help themselves and turning customer service agents into heroes by making them more productive. Every conversation starts with a real-time understanding of the customer. With every channel built-in – voice, email, SMS, chat, social messaging, self-service – companies have one, lifelong conversation stream with their customers. The world’s most loved brands including Allbirds, Bombas, Crate & Barrel, Ulta Beauty, and Warby Parker leverage Gladly to build lifelong loyal customers.
Our team loves working at Gladly because of its people, continuous growth opportunities, all in commitment to DEIB, collaboration, and culture.
About This Role:
Our Solutions Consulting Team is growing and looking for a top-performing Solutions Consultant to join our team to support our Mid Market Sales Team. Reporting to the Head of MM Solutions Consulting, you’ll play a critical role in helping our prospects understand the value of Gladly. You will help support our West Coast Mid Market / Velocity Sales team by utilizing your deep product knowledge and technical expertise to demonstrate how companies can use and deploy our solution, realize business value, and deliver exceptional customer service.
What you'll do on the team:
- Be a trusted advisor to our customers by understanding their processes, requirements, and challenges. Some also call this conducting discovery, but we call it earning the right to have a conversation.
- Partner closely with our Sales team engaging with prospects and customers and with our engineering, product and design teams.
- Engage customers in business, strategy, and ROI-based discussions to communicate how Gladly can help deliver value by changing the relationship they have with their customers.
- Be an awesome technologist with lots of business acumen, able to draw out root causes to customer concerns, and apply phenomenal problem-solving skills to solve them
- Diagnose the status of a prospect or customer's ability to serve their own customer; credibly and with integrity, sell them on a new way of doing things, and an evolving vision for their future.
- Tell compelling stories that are grounded in technology. These aren't just demos; we want you to paint a vision of what truly customer-centric service looks like!
- Respond to RFIs and RFPs. We have a very special way we do this... you'll see how we make this exciting and creative!
- Play an active role in the post-sales phase to ensure ongoing customer success. Come on, we told you customer success was important to us!
- Be the voice of your prospects and customers. We're a startup and we're evolving; you will play an important role in that evolution.
What You’ll Bring To The Team:
- 3+ yrs experience in a Solutions Consulting role in B2B SaaS
- Proven successful track-record of sales engineering or solution consulting experience in a SaaS business, ideally with experience in Customer Service, Support, or CRM platforms
- Ability to work as part of a team to solve business and technical problems, and step into leadership when and where required
- Thrive in fast-paced environment
- Strong verbal, written, presentation, and interpersonal communication skills
- Proven time management skills in a fast-moving startup environment
- Successful track record of tackling technical and security objections
- Enormous initiative in discerning what is right for the prospect or customer and a staunch advocate for their needs
$110,000-$135,000 per annum OTE (base + variable); equity, and benefits.
For cash compensation, we set standard ranges for all U.S.-based roles based on function, level, and geographic location, benchmarked against similar stage growth companies. In order to be compliant with local legislation, as well as to provide greater transparency to candidates, we share salary ranges on all job postings regardless of desired hiring location. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors, including geographic location as well as candidate experience and expertise, and may vary from the amounts listed above.
Working at Gladly:
Putting people first is kind of our thing. Not only is it at the core of our product, but shapes our overall culture at Gladly—from our approach to hiring, to our benefits, and how we think about our place in the community.
We have embraced remote work and make it easy for our team to work from anywhere, but we also invest in opportunities to get the teams together in person regularly.
We have a strong work ethic, but value life outside of work, too.
- We win as one team: We believe the most important focus for us as a team is making the company successful.
- We are successful when our customers succeed: We are committed to understanding the needs and expectations of our customers. We provide an exceptional product along with expertise and insight to help achieve their goals.
- We believe in challenging the status quo: We know that our greatest strength is our ability to cultivate a growth mindset focused on reinventing customer service.
- We value underdog grit: Success isn't always about having the most resources or the most experience; it's about having the determination and grit to keep pushing forward especially when it’s hard.
- We strive to make every shot count: We will never have enough “shots on goal” so we strive to make every project, feature, customer presentation, the best it can be.
- We embrace transparency: We know the best outcomes come from collaboration followed by communication of and commitment to the decision.
Our focus is on people and that starts with our employees. As an employee you can count on:
- Competitive salaries, stock options
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life insurance
- Generous paid time off
- Generous paid Parental Leave
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Home office stipends
Founded in 2014 by a team of repeat entrepreneurs with multiple successful exits, Gladly is reinventing customer service. By focusing on customers instead of tickets, we are disrupting a $70B market and are proud to count Crate and Barrel, Warby Parker and many other innovative brands as customers. Gladly has raised over $110M from Greylock Partners, NEA, GGV Capital, Glynn Capital and JetBlue Tech Ventures.
Gladly has made the decision to become a fully distributed company, allowing employees to live anywhere in the United States, and candidates to come from nearly any geographical region. That said, we also highly value our collaborative and creative culture and commit to meeting in real life as a company at least once per quarter when it is safe to do so.