Associate - Office of the CEO
Gro Intelligence is tackling two of the biggest problems facing the world today: food security and climate change. We understand and quantify the complex interplay between food, weather, trade, agriculture, and macroeconomic conditions in a world upended by climate change, a growing population, and more. The team at Gro has built a platform that allows businesses, non-profits, and governments to better plan for and adapt to these changes. With offices in Nairobi, New York, and Singapore Gro has the financial backing of prominent investors such as TPG Growth, Intel Capital, Data Collective, and GGV. Gro is a diverse, intellectually curious team of technologists, scientists, and business professionals united by a shared commitment to build AI that addresses agriculture, food, and our climate on the most fundamental level.
Gro’s Office of the CEO supports a broad range of cross-cutting strategic initiatives, as well as directly supporting our CEO in setting direction for the company and supporting her day-to-day work.
Associates report to the Chief of Staff and help drive a wide range of responsibilities - from supporting strategic planning exercises, analyzing data to create insights for our executive team and supporting individual business units, to helping prepare content for high-visibility functions and speaking engagements. Additionally, this person, in conjunction with the team, will perform various administrative tasks in support of our CEO.
We are looking for exceptional strategic insight and the ability to translate new subject matter and complicated concepts into clear communications - whether written or verbal.
What You'll Do
- Provide support and oversight for special projects and initiatives
- Assist in preparing content (presentations, talking points) for high-level public presentations and functions, including coordinating with various internal teams
- Working with Office of the CEO and business unit leaders in creating strategic plans and roadmaps for different internal business units
- Create analyses based on internal data (or work with internal teams to create those insights)
- Attend external meetings on behalf of Office of the CEO - including in screening and preparing external engagements and presentations
- Providing tactical support to implementing specific internal initiatives that do not naturally fit within various business units, and following up with various internal teams on behalf of Office of the CEO
- Various administrative duties including, but not limited to, supporting CEO’s schedule coordination, travel arrangements, visa applications, and event planning
What We're Looking For
- 2+ years experience in Investment banking, management consulting, venture capital
- Exceptional written, oral, and presentation abilities
- Strategic mindset and highly-developed stakeholder management capabilities
- Ability to work and strategize in ambiguous situations
- Deep intellectual curiosity about our customers, product and market
- Self-starter who is willing to ask questions about new subject matter
- Able to work independently against tight deadlines
- Ability to work collaboratively with team members across functional roles
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
Nice to Have
- Experience at a tech company, or institutions focused on climate, agriculture, or sustainability
The salary range for this role is expected to be $90,000 - $120,000. Other compensation for the role includes equity, a generous PTO policy and health, vision & dental insurance.
Gro was founded in 2014 and currently has offices in Nairobi, New York, and Singapore. The company was built on diversity and the knowledge that artificial intelligence is only as good as the human intelligence behind it. Gro’s team represents the world it is modeling. At the company, we speak more than 27 languages and we comprise a wide range of experts, from agronomists and crop scientists, to mathematicians, engineers, data scientists, market research analysts, designers, historians, and philosophers. Our culture fosters collaboration between people of extremely different backgrounds that allows us to accomplish things that would otherwise seem impossible.
Gro Intelligence is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants regardless of color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, actual or presumed belonging to an ethnic group, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.