Senior Software Engineer, Quality Engineering
About the Role
We are seeking an experienced Senior Software Engineer to join our fast growing team in India. In this role you will provide technical leadership for the quality and testing efforts impacting our networking products (Consul and HCP Consul). You will be driving the development of end-to-end integration tests, automation frameworks, and tools to have robust automated testing pipelines.
This is a hands-on role in which you will design and code comprehensive testing frameworks independently and own one or more product areas within Consul.
You will collaborate with a highly skilled and experienced set of engineering, product, field and marketing teams to ensure that we are shipping the highest quality product possible every release. This is an awesome opportunity to work with cutting edge cloud technology and experience the challenges that come with testing a complex networking product that is built on distributed systems primitives at scale.
In this role, you can expect to learn how to...
- Contribute to the design and development of Go/Terraform-based automation frameworks, assisting in the creation of tools and utilities to enhance overall testing effectiveness.
- Develop and execute detailed test plans, designs, and cases, ensuring robust coverage for feature, integration, regression, and system-level testing.
- Collaborate with engineering teams to incorporate testing frameworks into the build process, focusing on operational effectiveness.
- Assist in the creation and maintenance of systems for performance testing Consul at large scale and in complex deployment topologies.
- Advocate for a culture of testing across the organization, assisting Software Engineers in identifying and capitalizing on testing opportunities throughout the development process.
- Participate in defining and monitoring quality metrics and risk assessment for releases, contributing to ensuring superior product quality.
You may be a good fit for our team if you...
- Min 5+ years in Quality Engineering, with proficiency in test automation frameworks.
- A solid understanding of integration and performance testing.
- Solid hands on coding and development experience with at least one programming language.
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines and integrating automated testing.
- Familiarity with infrastructure management tools (experience with Vault, Consul, or Nomad is a plus!).
- Strong knowledge of networking and distributed systems.
- A passion for automation, testing, and documentation.
- Mainly program in Go, contributing to a team committed to continuous skill improvement.
- Provide input to the technical leadership and strategic direction for the continuous improvement of the Quality Engineering Organization.
- Mentor other quality engineers, nurturing a culture of high-quality work and continuous learning.
- Collaborate with customer-facing teams (like PMs, UX, SEs) to better understand customer usage of our product and drive quality improvements.
- Assist in designing, building, and maintaining automation that provisions infrastructure at scale and detects issues proactively.
- Contribute to the development of long-term quality strategies and help shape quality standards, guidelines, and processes at the organizational level.
- Execute prioritized test cases in cloud-based automated environments that mimic customer networking topologies and workloads.
- Work with engineering and support teams to replicate and address customer-reported issues.
- Participate in measuring and quantifying improvements in the quality of delivered software. #LI-Hybrid Bangalore #LI-SG1
Colorado, California, Washington and New York City Applicants: To view base salary ranges for this role in your location and to learn more about which roles are eligible for bonus pay or commissions, please visit our Pay Transparency Calculator below. Individual pay within the range will be determined based on job related-factors such as skills, experience, and education or training. Information on our benefits can be found via the link below. Intern ranges can be found below.