Manager, Web Design
Location: US or Canada (Remote)
About the team
The Web Presence team is a hybrid group of designers and engineers who are responsible for delivering high-quality web experiences that support HashiCorp’s go-to-market efforts. This includes a variety of websites like hashicorp.com, developer.hashicorp.com and more. For many of HashiCorp’s customers and users the Web Presence team delivers their first experience with the company and so it’s crucial we set high standards.
The Web Presence team is looking for an experienced Design Manager who cares deeply about fostering and operating an environment for impactful designers to create their best work, progress in their careers and deliver valuable business results.
You care about the humans on your team. You communicate and collaborate with humility, curiosity and kindness. You’re comfortable and experienced working with other teams from engineering, product marketing, growth marketing, product design and beyond. You understand the constraints and possibilities of the web as a medium and ideally you have familiarity and experience working in a B2B SaaS context.
Understanding marketing and go-to-market motions is important – the WP team’s work is a key expression of HashiCorp’s marketing strategy and contributes directly to sales pipeline, product adoption and revenue.
- Ensure design excellence by articulating a bar for quality and meticulous attention to detail.
- Drive execution and efficiency by demonstrating design processes and research outcomes.
- Bring clarity to high-level initiatives – specifically the relationship between different digital experiences like marketing sites and docs sites.
- Develop the careers of your team - help grow and mentor your team members to the next level.
- Balance priorities to implement both tactically as well as articulating a clear design vision.
- Work collaboratively with your engineering counterparts to ensure work gets delivered efficiently and drives business outcomes
- Align design objectives and priorities with marketing partners - and effectively communicate those priorities to the team
- Have a minimum of 4 years of relevant experience managing a design team
- Knowledge of design fundamentals including layout, color, typography, and tone
- Experience working closely with software engineers and a basic understanding of how things are built for the web.
- Experience working with and building design systems to improve consistency and efficiency
- Experience using research to test and validate assumptions to inform design decisions
- Understanding of accessibility standards
- Expertise and familiarity with modern digital design practices and tools (like Figma)
Nice to have:
- Experience and familiarity with content design and content strategy practices
- Experience designing products for technical audiences
- Familiarity with infrastructure management and cloud concepts
Attributes we look for:
- Empathy for end-users and consumers
- Humility and a learning attitude
- Listening to understand
- Able to explain complex ideas simply
- Excellent written, verbal, and visual communication skills
- Reflective, driven to learn and grow
- Responsible and takes ownership over work
- A champion for design within the business
- Pragmatic - grounded in reality while pushing boundaries forward
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be.
Colorado, California, Washington and New York City Applicants: To view base salary ranges for this role in your location and to learn more about which roles are eligible for bonus pay or commissions, please visit our Pay Transparency Calculator below. Individual pay within the range will be determined based on job related-factors such as skills, experience, and education or training. Information on our benefits can be found via the link below. Intern ranges can be found below.