Product Manager - Terraform Cloud
At HashiCorp, we’re committed to simplifying and empowering the digital world. A cornerstone of this commitment is Terraform Cloud - an innovative platform that embodies our vision of providing seamless, efficient, and secure delivery of infrastructure provisioning and management. This powerful cloud service is a significant part of our infrastructure suite, enabling users to unify and automate the provisioning and management of infrastructure resources.
We are now seeking an experienced Product Manager to join our Terraform Cloud Team. This is a vital role with a specific focus on working with the platform and developer productivity teams responsible for proactive architectural improvements. Your role will be centered around nurturing the performance, scalability and reliability of the Terraform Cloud foundational services. You will also be involved with working with these teams to improve monitoring, observability, and developer productivity for these services.
In addition to managing and overseeing these critical tasks, your role will encompass the development and implementation of strategies to further enhance the resilience and effectiveness of Terraform Cloud. If you’re eager to solve complex product management problems and have a passion for cloud infrastructure, we’d love to connect.
- Craft the product story by understanding the landscape, user needs, and HashiCorp principles.
- Own and improve Terraform Cloud platform strategy documents to set the context for the product roadmap
- Prioritize the product roadmap by taking feedback from Terraform practitioners, ecosystem partners, engineering, marketing, and the HashiCorp vision.
- Conduct user research and write Product Requirement Documents (PRDs) to distill the research into requirements for engineering to deliver
- Work closely with engineering to write acceptance criteria for features and answer any questions they may have during implementation.
- Communicate product status to all partners. Keep sales and marketing updated on feature releases and keep engineering informed on feature requests
- Help with sales and marketing collateral to educate on the product story and features (Website copy, whitepapers, sales decks, FAQs, etc)
Skills and Experience:
- 2-5 years of product management experience with developer products
- 1+ years of experience with Terraform and one or more large cloud providers
- Familiarity with coding practices in modern programming languages like Java, golang, Node, Ruby etc.
- Strong user and market research skills
- Ability to organize multiple stakeholders towards a common goal
- Analytical with the ability to prioritize and make tradeoffs
- Strong technical acumen, with a solid understanding of infrastructure and open source
- Comfortable talking to developers and platform engineers to work on product discovery
Attributes we look for in successful product managers:
- Listening to understand
- Explain complex ideas simply
- Written, verbal, and visual communication skills
- Responsible and takes ownership over work
Skills you will practice as a product manager at HashiCorp:
- Defining the product roadmap and strategy
- Writing product requirements documents (PRDs)
- Leading sales engineer and support education sessions
- Enabling the go-to-market teams (sales, support, SEs, marketing)
- Conduct customer interviews
- Perform market research
- Backlog management
Colorado, California, Washington and New York City Applicants: To view base salary ranges for this role in your location and to learn more about which roles are eligible for bonus pay or commissions, please visit our Pay Transparency Calculator below. Individual pay within the range will be determined based on job related-factors such as skills, experience, and education or training. Information on our benefits can be found via the link below. Intern ranges can be found below.