Product Manager - Terraform Ecosystem
Terraform is a leader in multi cloud Infrastructure as Code(IaC) software, with more than a million users around the world. Terraform ecosystem is central to the overall success of Terraform, with more than 2000 providers supporting thousands of resources. Hybrid cloud team focuses on integrations with products which can be installed across various cloud providers and Google Cloud Platform (GCP).
As a Product Manager II of this team, you will be responsible for delivering many key integrations with GCP, Kubernetes, ServiceNow, vSphere creating coherent workflows which can be used across these products easily with Terraform. This is a great opportunity to work with amazing new technologies and have high customer impact. You will work closely with engineering, design, education and GTM(Go to Market) teams to deliver amazing customer outcomes on Terraform.
This role is for someone who has expertise in building managed services, product-lead growth strategies, Infrastructure as code products, virtualization software), and/or experience in enterprise software. Terraform is a fast-moving product with high ambitions. You will help set strategy, conduct user research, define requirements, and oversee execution.
- Craft the product story by understanding the landscape, user needs, and HashiCorp principles.
- Own and improve hybrid cloud strategy documents to set the context for the product roadmap
- Prioritize the product roadmap by taking feedback from Terraform practitioners, ecosystem partners, engineering, marketing, and the HashiCorp vision.
- Conduct user research and write Product Requirement Documents (PRDs) to distill the research into requirements for engineering to deliver
- Work closely with engineering to write acceptance criteria for features and answer any questions they may have during implementation.
- Communicate product status to all partners. Keep sales and marketing updated on feature releases and keep engineering informed on feature requests
- Help with sales and marketing collateral to educate on the product story and features (Website copy, whitepapers, sales decks, FAQs, etc)
Skills and Experience:
- 3+ years of product management experience with developer products
- 1+ years of experience with Terraform and one or more large cloud providers
- Familiarity with coding practices in modern programming languages like Java, golang, Node, Ruby etc.
- Strong user and market research skills
- Ability to organize multiple stakeholders towards a common goal
- Analytical with the ability to prioritize and make tradeoffs
- Strong technical acumen, with a solid understanding of infrastructure and open source
- Comfortable talking to developers and platform engineers to work on product discovery
Attributes we look for in successful product managers:
- Listening to understand
- Explain complex ideas simply
- Written, verbal, and visual communication skills
- Responsible and takes ownership over work
Skills you will practice as a product manager at HashiCorp:
- Defining the product roadmap and strategy
- Writing product requirements documents (PRDs)
- Leading sales engineer and support education sessions
- Enabling the go-to-market teams (sales, support, SEs, marketing)
- Conduct customer interviews
- Perform market research
- Backlog management
Colorado, California, Washington and New York City Applicants: To view base salary ranges for this role in your location and to learn more about which roles are eligible for bonus pay or commissions, please visit our Pay Transparency Calculator below. Individual pay within the range will be determined based on job related-factors such as skills, experience, and education or training. Information on our benefits can be found via the link below. Intern ranges can be found below.