Sr. Solutions Architect Specialist
About the role
The Solutions Architecture Specialist (SA) serves as a product or solution domain expert, providing Customers with deep technical guidance at strategic points throughout the lifecycle of our partnership with our Customers. Through targeted engagement, SAs help clear technical blockers, optimize solution design, and accelerate time-to-value for Customers adopting HashiCorp tooling. As a whole, the SA Team translates sophisticated Customer challenges into repeatable, scalable, and consumable product and process standard methodologies, across the entire HashiCorp portfolio, for the benefit of all field teams, Partners, and Customers.
The Solutions Architecture Specialist will be focused on the Secure Application Networking product lines to include Consul Enterprise primarily and additionally two secondary products Nomad and Boundary
In this role you can expect to
- Act as a domain expert and escalation path for Solutions Engineering (SE) to progress strategic opportunities across the entire customer journey
- Establish and maintain an understanding of the overall HashiCorp technology portfolio.
- Recognized as a domain expert aligned to, and in support of Consul Enterprise, Boundary, Nomad, and their competitive landscape.
- Assist in sophisticated technical due diligence activities including technical discovery, technical value proposition, architectural mentorship, sales campaign support, and ongoing customer relationships building.
- Deliver advanced product presentations, demonstrations, evaluations, workshops, and proofs-of-values to key customer partners
- Work closely with the aligned Account SEs and our customers to help craft their vision/strategy for improving all aspects of application delivery, advise on how to use and adopt HashiCorp products to work towards their goals, and drive measurable value-based outcomes
- Partner with Account Teams to identify and handle Customer risks and opportunities as they relate to product adoption, renewal, and expansion and also assist with pipeline generation as needed.
- Collaborate with HashiCorp Product Management to translate Customer business needs into technical solutions and new feature/product requirement
- Collaborate with multi-functional organizations to build and handle prescriptive patterns for product design, use cases, and providing feedback for improvements.
- Act as educators and advisors to HashiCorp Sales teams, our partners and our customers
- Help foster an environment for ongoing Customer success
You may be a good fit for our team if you have
- Application focused experience for products like Consul, Nomad, Boundary.
- Background and experience in the Networking domain is highly preferred.
- Demonstrate expertise in the field of container orchestration and development (CKA Certification preferred)
- Demonstrate a solid understanding with multiple Cloud providers and/or Hybrid Cloud (AWS/Azure/GCP Certification Preferred)
- Experience crafting technical content such as Architectural blueprints and Recommended Patterns
- Experience in cloud (EKS, AKS, GKE, ECS etc.) and on-prem (Openshift) containerization platforms is highly desired.
- DevOps concepts, tools and standard processes, and Application Development concepts for multi-cloud
- Deep knowledge of at least one of HashiCorp’s associated domain areas (e.g Infrastructure Automation, Infrastructure as Code, Security Engineering, Application Deployment) and how they work together to conceptualize solutions for the Secure Networking domain.
- Outstanding communication - Develop and deliver technical content for varied audiences
- Experience with either engineering/operating an infra platform that has its own internal/external customers
- Experience in major transformation efforts involving significant process, organizational and technology change
- Skilled responding to customer objections
- Planning and organization skills to balance multiple contexts
- Embodies Hashicorp Principles, for example Humility.
Colorado, California, Washington and New York City Applicants: To view base salary ranges for this role in your location and to learn more about which roles are eligible for bonus pay or commissions, please visit our Pay Transparency Calculator below. Individual pay within the range will be determined based on job related-factors such as skills, experience, and education or training. Information on our benefits can be found via the link below. Intern ranges can be found below.