Sr. Solutions Architect Specialist
About the Role
As a Solutions Architecture Specialist (SA) at HashiCorp, you will work in a high-performance environment and will serve as a product or solution domain expert, providing Customers with deep technical guidance at strategic points during customer journey with HashiCorp.
Through targeted engagement, SAs help clear technical blockers, optimize solution design, and accelerate time-to-value for Customers adopting HashiCorp tooling. As a whole, the SA Team translates sophisticated Customer challenges into repeatable, scalable, and consumable product and process standard methodologies, across the entire HashiCorp portfolio, for the benefit of all field teams, Partners, and Customers.
The SA for this role will be focused on the Secure Products line which include Vault and Boundary.
In this role you can expect to...
- Assist as a domain expert and escalation path to progress strategic opportunities across the entire customer journey
- Establish and maintain an understanding of the overall HashiCorp technology portfolio
- Recognised as a specialized domain guide aligned to, and in support of, HashiCorp Vault or Boundary and the competitive landscape
- Assist in complex technical due diligence activities supporting our moments that matter such as Discover, Technical Validation, Onboarding, Consumption, and Optimization
- Deliver sophisticated product presentations, demonstrations, evaluations, workshops, and proof-of-values to key customer partners
- Work closely with the aligned Account SE and our customers to help craft their vision/strategy for improving all aspects of application delivery, advise on how to use and adopt HashiCorp products to work towards their goals, and drive measurable value-based outcomes
- Partner with Account Teams to identify and handle Customer risks and opportunities as they relate to product adoption, renewal, and expansion
- Collaborate with HashiCorp Product Management to translate Customer business needs into technical solutions and new product requirement
- Collaborate with HashiCorp Product Management and Product Education to build and manage prescriptive patterns for core and strategic product use cases
- Act as educators and advisors to HashiCorp Sales teams, our partners and our customers
- Help foster an environment for ongoing customer success
You may be a good fit for our team if you have...
- 7+ years experience with solution architecture, sales engineering, or equivalent experience
- B.S. degree in an engineering or similar program from an accredited college / university preferred or equivalent experience
- Ability to work well in a highly-dynamic environment that focuses on providing outstanding customer service
- Comfort working remotely and performing well given a high level of independence and autonomy
- Outstanding communication - Developing and delivering technical content for audiences of varying technical abilities
- Experience responding to customer objections
- Experience crafting technical content such as Architectural Blueprints and Recommended Patterns
- Comfort leading discussions with customers to educate and advise on usage and adoption of HashiCorp products to achieve measurable value
- Experience supporting peers through code review, pairing, and acting as a resource for all team members, sharing technical knowledge and process mentorship
- Deep technical expertise in cloud and on-premise infrastructure management, application deployment, and practical security methodology
- Proficiency and experience with concepts and technologies used in software development, operations, security, cloud, microservices, containers, and scheduling platforms
- Experience with either engineering/operating an infra platform that has its own internal/external customers
- Experience in major transformation efforts involving significant process, organizational and technology change
- Deep knowledge of HashiCorp “Secure Products” domain area and how it works together to conceptualize solutions in the given domain area (HashiCorp product Certification Desired)
- Demonstrate a solid understanding in at least one Cloud provider in your given region (AWS/Azure/GCP Certification Preferred)
- Expertise in the field of container orchestration and development (CKA Certification Preferred)
- Domestic and occasionally international travel required
Colorado, California, Washington and New York City Applicants: To view base salary ranges for this role in your location and to learn more about which roles are eligible for bonus pay or commissions, please visit our Pay Transparency Calculator below. Individual pay within the range will be determined based on job related-factors such as skills, experience, and education or training. Information on our benefits can be found via the link below. Intern ranges can be found below.