Product Manager II - Telemetry
Product Manager II, Product Telemetry
Remote (US or Canada); #LI-Remote
Hashicorp is seeking to expand its data platform capability. As part of this effort, you will bring a product perspective to connect to user and business data to drive key strategic outcomes. You will define how our products collect valuable usage data that all levels of the company will use to make better decisions.
We are looking for a product manager to guide our product telemetry efforts. This suite of capabilities gives us insight into how our customers use our software, both on our managed service and self-managed deployments.
Today, we focus on the data we need to measure self-managed product adoption. Over the next 6 months, we need to standardize how usage is measured and reported and make this standard consistent across both cloud and self-managed clusters.
Your primary focus will be to gain a deep understanding of the diverse needs of the users, ranging from peer product managers to company executives across cross-functional organizations. In the future, we plan to explore and use the potential of ML/AI technologies to enhance the capabilities and performance of our products.
To be successful in this role, you need to be well-versed in the fundamentals of data engineering, including data ingress, transformation/normalization, and modeling. Additionally, you have an aptitude for digging into data and thinking from first principles. Finally, you should be comfortable with privacy by design and managing personally identifiable information.
- Drive the roadmap for telemetry collection and reporting, managing its execution and ensuring timely delivery.
- Collaborate closely with product management, finance, operations, engineering, design, and business teams for ideation, development, testing, and iteration based on their feedback.
- Comprehend and advocate for internal customer needs, defining functional specifications for tooling and datasets.
- Rationalize our various data collection tools to minimize the number that are used and supported, including sunsetting legacy tools, migrating customers off of those tools, evolving current tools, and building new tools where necessary.
- Refine or define new APIs that product developers will use to instrument and measure aspects of product use.
- Lead product development within an agile environment, specifically documenting user stories, acceptance criteria, and experience design.
- Partner with the engineering and operations teams to ensure the production of high-quality datasets and efficient implementation of the data lifecycle, from ingestion to distribution.
- Conduct thorough due diligence on external vendors to enhance data product offerings.
- Above all, bring fundamental product thinking and customer centricity to everything you do, with a high level of user interview, prioritization, and sequencing skills.
- 3+ years of product management experience in a data analytics or data platform role. Overall, 5+ years of demonstrated ability in other roles such as software engineering, sales engineering, customer support, product design, or user research.
- A track record of fostering collaboration with other product teams while overseeing the work of multiple groups of engineers and product managers.
- Deep understanding of agile product management practices.
- Technology fluency in data platforms and solid experience working closely with data researchers and engineers to develop products and tools, ensuring data quality, enrichment, and a robust data pipeline.
- Superior interpersonal skills, the ability to drive cross-functional delivery, and precisely articulate customer problems.
- Strong understanding of product usage patterns, deployments, telemetry, instrumentation, and a view of how they interoperate in both pure SaaS and private clouds.
Canada, Colorado, California, Washington and New York Applicants: To view base salary ranges for this role in your location and to learn more about which roles are eligible for bonus pay or commissions, please visit our Pay Transparency Calculator below. Individual pay within the range will be determined based on job related-factors such as skills, experience, and education or training. Information on our benefits can be found via the link below. Intern ranges can be found below.