Senior Security Engineer II, Identity Engineering
Senior Software Security Engineer II - Identity Engineering
HashiCorp is a fast-growing startup that solves development, operations, and security challenges in infrastructure so organizations can focus on business-critical tasks. We build tools to ease these decisions by presenting solutions that span the gaps. Our tools manage both physical machines and virtual machines, Windows, and Linux, SaaS and IaaS, etc.
Engineering at HashiCorp is largely a remote team. While prior experience working remotely isn't required, we are looking for team members who perform well given a high level of independence and autonomy.
We're looking for talented Software Engineers to join our Internal Corporate Identity Engineering Team. This team ensures HashiCorp’s systems are secured consistently and ensures least privilege access is practiced across the company.
As a member of our Internal Identity Team, you’ll be responsible for creating the tooling and automation that manages our internal identity and access management and governs our cloud environments and internal services. You will work closely with teams across the company to provide foundational tooling to scale safe access across the enterprise.
In this role, you can expect to:
- Develop software and deploy infrastructure to manage internal identity and access governance.
- Design and develop centralized policies for managing access internally.
- Scale identity to all internal systems
- Reduce auditing needs through automation and time based access controls.
- Create self-service workflows for common application types within our identity provider.
- Work across all organizations collaborating on efforts to secure our infrastructure, products, and the enterprise.
- Mentor teammates and other engineers across the company
- Take a large task / project and drive it through all lifecycle phases
You may be a good fit for our team if you have experience in some of these areas:
- You have 5+ years of work experience in software development.
- You have programming experience in Go to build scalable security tools.
- You have experience in developing and deploying cloud native applications in production.
- You have demonstrated technical experience across related security disciplines e.g. identity governance and administration, appsec, network security, infrastructure security, etc.
- You have the ability to prioritize and track multiple projects in parallel.
- You have previous experience working in collaborative security teams.
- You have experience operationalizing security tooling and infrastructure.
- You have experience implementing and scaling security programs in a startup environment.
- You have indirect experience in security, being that person who consistently recognizes and fixes security-related issues or problems with the systems, services, or applications you manage.
- You have experience speaking / publishing in security conferences.
- You have publicly released tools or modules.
- You love to build and push the industry to do better.
About the Application Process
Please note, as communication is a critical aspect of how we work, a cover letter is a great way to provide a sample of how you communicate. In your cover letter, describe why you're interested in working at HashiCorp, and what draws you to this role in particular.
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be.
Canada, Colorado, California, Washington and New York Applicants: To view base salary ranges for this role in your location and to learn more about which roles are eligible for bonus pay or commissions, please visit our Pay Transparency Calculator below. Individual pay within the range will be determined based on job related-factors such as skills, experience, and education or training. Information on our benefits can be found via the link below. Intern ranges can be found below.