Sr. Technical Program Manager - R&D Productivity & Operations
Senior Technical Program Manager - R&D Productivity & Operations
About the role
HashiCorp is looking for an experienced Senior Technical Program Manager who is passionate about developing processes, systems, and practices that empower R&D teams to consistently deliver high-value products to our customers.
As a key member of the R&D Productivity team, you will lead efforts to optimize the steps involved in product development, making our processes more efficient and adaptable to the dynamic needs of the business. Your programs will focus on systems that improve collaboration across multiple functions within the organization. Additionally, you will be responsible for leading initiatives that aim to strengthen HashiCorp’s product development practices, from standardizing product discovery methodologies to optimizing experimentation to scaling product knowledge. Your work will help instill a culture of excellence, empowering every engineer, product manager, and designer to contribute their best work.
Our R&D team, as well as the other cross-functional teams you'll work with, are largely remote. While prior experience working remotely isn't required, we are looking for team members who perform well given a high level of independence. Excellent systems thinking, collaboration & communication, and team-building skills are required to collaborate effectively with organizational leaders in other functions.
In this role, you can expect to take on these responsibilities:
- Lead and manage complex, large-scale programs that span multiple departments or functions
- Develop operational solutions to assigned business problems and focus areas
- Design, implement and continuously improve product development processes
- Work with product leadership to identify areas for optimizing product development methodologies & practices, and develop these into programs
- Collaborate closely with marketing and sales operational teams, to identify gaps and opportunities for improving ways of working across the organization
- Conduct discovery around problem areas, using interviews and fact-finding techniques to understand and define the core business problem
- Facilitate ideation sessions and workshops with stakeholders to foster alignment and ensure solutions are developed collaboratively
- Create execution-focused program plans that clearly outline goals and objectives, milestones, dependencies, change management strategies, and success criteria
- Monitor and report on program progress and performance, identifying and mitigating risks and issues proactively
- Create visuals and supporting documentation to illustrate how processes work
- Facilitate the rollout and training of teams on new processes
- Drive continuous improvement in processes and systems, synthesizing feedback from multiple sources, including executives, and translating this into actionable improvements
You could be successful in this role if you have these attributes:
- Proven experience as a Senior Technical Program Manager, leading complex programs in a fast-paced environment
- Strong knowledge of R&D processes, systems, and best practices
- Understanding of product discovery methodologies such as design thinking, user interviews, surveys, and user testing to understand customer needs and validate product ideas
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively across functions and levels
- Exceptional problem-solving and decision-making abilities
- Strong bias for action and an intrinsic ability to deal with ambiguity
About the Application Process
Please note, as communication is a critical aspect of how we work, a cover letter is a great way to provide a sample of how you communicate. In your cover letter, describe why you're interested in working at HashiCorp, and what draws you to this role in particular.
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be.
Canada, Colorado, California, Washington and New York Applicants: To view base salary ranges for this role in your location and to learn more about which roles are eligible for bonus pay or commissions, please visit our Pay Transparency Calculator below. Individual pay within the range will be determined based on job related-factors such as skills, experience, and education or training. Information on our benefits can be found via the link below. Intern ranges can be found below.