Sr. Accountant US Accounting
HashiCorp is a San Francisco, California, US based fast-growing publicly held company (listed on NASDAQ) that solves development, operations, and security challenges in infrastructure so organizations can focus on business-critical tasks. We build products to give organizations a consistent way to manage their move to cloud-based IT infrastructures for running their applications. Our products enable companies large and small to mix and match AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, and other clouds as well as on-premises environments, easing their ability to deliver new applications for their business.
HashiCorp India Finance Center of Excellence:
HashiCorp has its Finance Centre of Excellence in Noida, Uttar Pradesh, India to help HashiCorp’s USA Headquarter and 15+ other countries where we have our legal entities. From India, we are independently handling / supporting multiple processes that include GL Accounting, Order to Cash, Procure to Pay, Revenue Accounting, Internal Controls, Payroll, Taxation, Travel Administration, FP&A, Reporting, etc.
About the role:
The Finance team is seeking a Senior General Ledger Accountant in its Shared Service Center/ Center of Excellence in Noida, Uttar Pradesh, India to support our growing Finance and Accounting organization in San Francisco, CA, USA. This opportunity is ideal for someone who is looking for a broad range of responsibilities within an operating company and wants exposure to accounting and finance in a high growth technology company.
A successful candidate thrives in a fast paced, high growth, and high energy environment.
In this role you can expect to:
- Manage and work as an individual contributor in the record-to-report process. Additionally they will get exposure to other processes like accounts receivable, accounts payable, employee expenses, etc.
- Perform intercompany accounting and reconciliations.
- Create, upload and post manual journal entries related to payroll, accruals, prepaid, reclass, taxation, and other ad hoc entries.
- Review of monthly flux file and provide variance analysis for the items over threshold limit.
- Review of weekly payments uploaded over bank portal and get the approval from the authorised signatory.
- Evaluate financial transactions, and ensure appropriate account coding.
- Contribute to successful monthly, quarterly, and annual financial close.
- Calculate and review of quarterly Corporate tax accrual and markup plus Transfer Pricing Intercompany billing.
- Prepare and provide input data for monthly/quarterly/yearly direct or indirect tax fillings.
- Perform account reconciliations and analysis.
- Assist with the maintenance of internal controls and processes
- Coordinate with teams based out of San Francisco, CA, USA for transition of accounting processes to India and train the team.
- Regularly interact with US and International accounting vendor teams on a day to day basis.
- Manage the documentation - SOPs, Process Flows, Training videos and make improvements to them from time to time.
- Prepare the accounting manuals based on guidance received from managers and onshore counterparts.
- Tight control of AP function by reviewing the correct invoicing, payment batches for vendors ensuring accurate accounting and payment, closely watching early payment discount opportunities, cancellations, etc.
- Other ad-hoc projects as required.
You may be a good fit for our team if you have:
- CA (Chartered Accountant) with at least 6 years of International Accounting experience or person having MBA Finance/M.Com/B.Com (Hons) qualification with at least 10+ years of International Accounting experience.
- Financial System implementation experience (was part of a team that implemented a system). Or should have strong experience in Processes improvement / transformation.
- Very high attention to detail.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines, and prioritize competing workloads.
- Should be able to work with flexible working hours.
- Excellent written, and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in working with multiple legal entities under different legal umbrellas locally and internationally and have very good understanding of inter-company accounting.
- Should have hands-on experience in preparation of Financial Statements including P&L, Balance Sheet, Cash Flow Statements.
- Should have experience in working in a technology company with headquarters in the USA supporting the Accounting process especially GL (Record to Report) and Accounts Payable.
- Strong analytical, evaluative and problem-solving skills.
- Flexible in an ever changing and growing environment.
- Intermediate experience in MS Office Suite.
- Experience with Netsuite is a plus, must have worked on major ERP systems and good experience in other integrated financial accounting systems.
- Hands-on experience of Concur and Coupa will be an added advantage. #LI-Onsite #LI-SG1
Canada, Colorado, California, Washington and New York Applicants: To view base salary ranges for this role in your location and to learn more about which roles are eligible for bonus pay or commissions, please visit our Pay Transparency Calculator below. Individual pay within the range will be determined based on job related-factors such as skills, experience, and education or training. Information on our benefits can be found via the link below. Intern ranges can be found below.